Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Bellotti dead!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
As much as people here do not in anyway remember David Belotti fondly, perhaps they might care to remember that he had a wife, two daughters and other family who will be hurting. Perhaps keeping our thoughts to ourselves would leave us with the moral high ground.

I'm sure there are a few households across the land especially his own that are very sad to hear this news. However if any of those folk think coming on to a BHAFC message board is going to help their grieving process then they should possibly question their own mental health.

Bellotti was sadly a massive part of this clubs history as were both Archer and Stanley.

I'm not going to celebrate the passing of Mr Bellotti nor the other two when they eventually check out. I certainly won't be shedding any tears for any of them, nor will I begrudge anyone who does fancy raising a two fingered salute to the sky.

Cheerio David, you were little more than Archer's puppet but you balls and bare face cheek at times. For everyone of those aforementioned households I spoke of there are 100 more who will remember you for all the wrong reasons.

Build a Bonfire

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
"David Rogers 11th Jun '15 - 8:07am

David and I first met when he was in Lewes and I was in Brighton, and I then was his agent for the 1983 and 1987 General Elections. He was a key member of my group on East Sussex County Council, and became chair of the Education Committee in 1985 when we ‘conspired’ with the co-opted members! I worked as part of the team with Chris Rennard, Candy Piercy, David Allworthy, and many others for the Eastbourne byelection 1990. Much more ensued over the time since then, including the much-misrepresented Brighton & Hove Albion saga, and in later years working together again at the Local Government Association."

Unbelievable comment on the article about his death.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As much as people here do not in anyway remember David Belotti fondly, perhaps they might care to remember that he had a wife, two daughters and other family who will be hurting. Perhaps keeping our thoughts to ourselves would leave us with the moral high ground.
Bollox to that. I obviously wish his family no ill and I won't share my thoughts with them. They will no doubt be fine and richer for the money he stole from us, and we all lose family at some point anyway. I'm glad he's dead and feel no need to join you on the moral high ground this time.

It's not right celebrating a man's death.
To each their own.

"David Rogers 11th Jun '15 - 8:07am

David and I first met when he was in Lewes and I was in Brighton, and I then was his agent for the 1983 and 1987 General Elections. He was a key member of my group on East Sussex County Council, and became chair of the Education Committee in 1985 when we ‘conspired’ with the co-opted members! I worked as part of the team with Chris Rennard, Candy Piercy, David Allworthy, and many others for the Eastbourne byelection 1990. Much more ensued over the time since then, including the much-misrepresented Brighton & Hove Albion saga, and in later years working together again at the Local Government Association."

Unbelievable comment on the article about his death.

At least David Rogers acknowledges the dishonesty with which the Lib Dems "conspired" to get Bellotti manoeuvred into the position of Chair of the ESCC Education Committee. Dishonesty somehow came naturally to these people.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
For some reason I have this song in my head:

Oh, what a beautiful mornin'
Oh, what a beautiful day
I've got a wonderful feelin'
Every thing's goin' my way

not sure why

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Sorry if someone already posted this but..................

Who hired the hitman?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why would the club even mention him. He means NOTHING to Brighton and Hove Albion and never will

Agreed. I wondered if they might put out a short, terse media release offering condolences to his family & little else, but sometimes saying nothing at all conveys more meaning. Anything the Albion said would probably- and correctly- come across as uncharitable.

Celebrating anybody's death doesn't sit easily with me (but each to their own). I must admit: the breaking news of Bellotti's passing felt like something quite momentous as I heard it over breakfast earlier today. But when I analyse it, he deserves little more of my emotion these days than an utter MEH. That's all he is to me now. Nothing. An irrelevance. I just hope he's gone upstairs with a clear conscience.

And I'd love to think Roy Chuter & Sarah Watts were waiting at the pearly gates when he arrived :lol:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Dick Knight puts it well in the Argus: “It is always sad to hear someone has died but I think we have to put the David Bellotti role into context.

“He will be remembered by Albion fans who were around at the time as someone who had influence in our club in the first half of 1990s, the consequence of which was a situation from which the club had to be saved.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here