Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

David Bellotti dead!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
A year or so ago I got round to watching the Lord of the Rings films apart from lots of running around and mumbo jumbo the one thing I remember was an obsequious, toadying, sycophantic character played b Brad Dorif. Every time he appeared on screen I kept thinking of Belotti.

I don't buy this not bearing a grudge nonsense and hope that towards the end he had a quiet few hours, alone, reflecting on how many people hated him and what he did with a significant portion of his go at being alive.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Stanley got away with this episode very lightly.!

I always try and remind people of his contribution to our wilderness years. If it wasn't for him Archer would never have known about us I believe? Could be wrong but what the hell-it's a good news day, don't want to spoil it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I do remember going to a match in the dark days with a mate who was a Scunny supporter. He heard the Build a Bonfire song and asked with some bemusement why we had it in for Bill Oddie and not any of the other Goodies

Should introduce him to an Everton supporting friend who asked why we sang "Good old sausage by the sea".

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I always try and remind people of his contribution to our wilderness years. If it wasn't for him Archer would never have known about us I believe? Could be wrong but what the hell-it's a good news day, don't want to spoil it.

Worked for him didn't he? I remember Atilla telling us to give Stanley a chance at some protest in a venue on Madeira Drive. He was conned good and proper!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
The Albion are alive and well in their best shape ever arguably with the AMEX and Lancing whilst Bellotti spent the last few years of his life in misery and hated by thousands if not millions. I don't think you need to be Einstein to see we won and now he can rot in hell and wait for his mate Archer to join him , preferably sooner rather than later.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
When I first read the link in the OP, there was a comment from someone that included criticism of Bellotti due to his antics at the Albion. That comment has since been deleted, even though it did not, imo, breach the posting guidelines of that website, which guidelines I have just read in their entirety.

Censorship always tries to remove any element of truth which is contradictory.

Harold

Jul 7, 2003
Hastings

Stanley was responsible for Archer's introduction I'm afraid. Intertwined business interests . FADS was Stanleys business in the South and Archer companies were suppliers.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I had dealings with him before he became Albion chief executive, and he just struck me as a bewildered incompetent who would be out of his depth at most things but try to cover it up with bluster. So when he turned up at our club, I feared for the future. Not an evil man, but simply in way over his head and unable to do more than go along with the wishes of his malevolent master. He ended up digging a hole for himself (and us) that he had no way of escaping.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
A year or so ago I got round to watching the Lord of the Rings films apart from lots of running around and mumbo jumbo the one thing I remember was an obsequious, toadying, sycophantic character played b Brad Dorif. Every time he appeared on screen I kept thinking of Belotti.

I don't buy this not bearing a grudge nonsense and hope that towards the end he had a quiet few hours, alone, reflecting on how many people hated him and what he did with a significant portion of his go at being alive.

You mean this guy, Wormtongue.

grima.jpg

Also often mistaken for Jerome Valcke, Blatter's lickspittle at Fifa, and Pete Winkelman, popular chairman of Franchise FC.

Rodney Thomas

May 2, 2012
Ελλάδα
Build a bonfire, build a bonfire, put Bellotti on the top, put Bill Archer in the the middle and and we're burn the flipping* lot

*I was 7 for my first season watching the Albion during 96/97. My dad didn't mind me singing the song as long as I didn't swear (I'm not sure my school were quite so keen).

As far as I see it today I am not celebrating a man's (who had a family and kids) death but celebrating the death of an idea that you can kill a football club that is important to the community. We the fans will always outlive you, no matter how powerful you think you are.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Stanley was responsible for Archer's introduction I'm afraid. Intertwined business interests . FADS was Stanleys business in the South and Archer companies were suppliers.

Thought I remembered it like that.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hold the celebrations! According to the LibDems the whole Brighton and Hove Albion saga was 'misrepresented'.

David and I first met when he was in Lewes and I was in Brighton, and I then was his agent for the 1983 and 1987 General Elections. He was a key member of my group on East Sussex County Council, and became chair of the Education Committee in 1985 when we ‘conspired’ with the co-opted members! I worked as part of the team with Chris Rennard, Candy Piercy, David Allworthy, and many others for the Eastbourne byelection 1990. Much more ensued over the time since then, including the much-misrepresented Brighton & Hove Albion saga, and in later years working together again at the Local Government Association.

You heard it from the LibDems, so it must be true ............

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here