Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone else watch the Bredene Koksijde Classic?

Probably the only pro race which uses a lovely section of an actual bike lane as part of the route.

All the car drivers will be pleased.

View attachment 158562
Do bears shit in the woods? :wink:

You should see Ronde van Drenthe. They do some circuits of an old rubbish tip that has been turned into a bike park on that one :thumbsup:

Btw, a certain old poster on here came 2nd out of over 4,000 teams on the Bredene Koksijde Velogames :rolleyes:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Massive liquidation auction.

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
MILESTONE ALERT: GB CYCLIST HOSTED LVVP DAYS HAVE NOW HELPED RAISE £550K FOR GOOD CAUSES

Long standing recognition that the head to head challenges are not for this audience, but they are very popular with charities as they generate a lot of revenue for them, so hope you can read on.

Later this April a host of GB Cyclists will be promoting the £1m Push to Paris and I hope that by reading through https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/gbcharitydays you can see how your £5+ donation will have a massive impact for good causes as 8 years of cycling days have proven. (Though whilst some reason all the £ signs are missing at the moment in the text I hope you get the gist).

If you are up for the Beat the Medallist challenge...

Utilising the Crowdfunder also enables participants to ride for free. Fundraising gives you time off bonuses in the Head to Head against the GB Gold Medallist on the track or road circuit and a different ask for donations to good causes

As a NSC regular you would need to raise a maximum of £460 for your chosen good cause to take part for free, with a £1 discount on entry fee for every £2 raised. In auctions charities usually generate £600+ per the place you will be donating.

Email david@legacy300.com if you wish to get involved on a day or send me abuse using DULLARD as the key word so I know you are an NSC regular.

Crowdfunder NSC Cycling.png

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Good evening all,
I haven't posted on here in such a long time, I hope everyone is doing well.

I've recently seen a lot about ebikes and thought it would be great for my work commute to the train station. I'm looking for something which is portable, light and foldable to go on the train.
The train station from my house is about to 20-minute walk and it would be good to get to jobs after the train journey.

Currently I cannot drive due to medical condition, unfortunately.

i would like to try and get the bike via the cycle to work scheme and looking max price of £1200 (this is a figure I just picked from the sky).

Sorry as I know you most probably had this question before.
I had a look online and found so many different types, so I thought I would come to the most knowledgeable place I could think about to get everyone's thoughts on ebikes.

Here is a few I found online last night... Stayed up so late looking for all different types, then thought I would find some knowledge from everyone here. All recommendations are welcome, sorry about the long post.
Happy bank holiday.

Fiido D3 pro
Estarli e20 folding ebike
Mirider one - premium price
Adoebike a20+
Xiaomi Himo Z20 Folding Electric
Lankeleisi G650 Folding City Electric Bike
Fiido D2S Folding Electric Bike
Engwe c20 pro
DYU R1 Torque Sensor 20 Inch 36V 250W
Windgoo e20 mountain bike
Windgoo B20 Pro Electric Commuter Bike
Engwe T14
Eskute star city bike
Zipper Z1S

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Good evening all,
I haven't posted on here in such a long time, I hope everyone is doing well.

I've recently seen a lot about ebikes and thought it would be great for my work commute to the train station. I'm looking for something which is portable, light and foldable to go on the train.
The train station from my house is about to 20-minute walk and it would be good to get to jobs after the train journey.

Currently I cannot drive due to medical condition, unfortunately.

i would like to try and get the bike via the cycle to work scheme and looking max price of £1200 (this is a figure I just picked from the sky).

Sorry as I know you most probably had this question before.
I had a look online and found so many different types, so I thought I would come to the most knowledgeable place I could think about to get everyone's thoughts on ebikes.

Here is a few I found online last night... Stayed up so late looking for all different types, then thought I would find some knowledge from everyone here. All recommendations are welcome, sorry about the long post.
Happy bank holiday.

Fiido D3 pro
Estarli e20 folding ebike
Mirider one - premium price
Adoebike a20+
Xiaomi Himo Z20 Folding Electric
Lankeleisi G650 Folding City Electric Bike
Fiido D2S Folding Electric Bike
Engwe c20 pro
DYU R1 Torque Sensor 20 Inch 36V 250W
Windgoo e20 mountain bike
Windgoo B20 Pro Electric Commuter Bike
Engwe T14
Eskute star city bike
Zipper Z1S
I have no useful advice, but nice to see you on here again - welcome back.

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
A 20 minute walk suggests a distance of around one mile. Cycling that distance on a standard pedal bike might take 5-6 minutes and provide a bit of exercise. An ebike might knock a minute off that time, but would provide even less exercise. Perhaps you have a particular need for an ebike, but why go to the additional expense and faff of buying an ebike, rather than an unassisted bike?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I can't help you I'm afraid @Zukey Seagull.

But the last time I was called a **** for suggesting all the fans thinking of giving up the Albion due to transport, look at cycling the final.mike or so, did prompt me to investigate folding ebikes.

None of yours listed look familiar, but I was amazed to see 10-15mph for 25 to 40 miles was now the norm.

Unfortunately for me I follow journo Carlton Reed on The Twitter.
He's living THE life as he zips around Europe, planefree on various folding ebikes.

I'd suggest the entry level version of whatever he's on at the moment would be ideal.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I can't help you I'm afraid @Zukey Seagull.

But the last time I was called a **** for suggesting all the fans thinking of giving up the Albion due to transport, look at cycling the final.mike or so, did prompt me to investigate folding ebikes.

None of yours listed look familiar, but I was amazed to see 10-15mph for 25 to 40 miles was now the norm.

Unfortunately for me I follow journo Carlton Reed on The Twitter.
He's living THE life as he zips around Europe, planefree on various folding ebikes.

I'd suggest the entry level version of whatever he's on at the moment would be ideal.
thank you.

i've narrowed it down a bit now, as i was just looking randomly.

i went and tried this at halford https://allbikeselectric.co.uk/ebike-brands/eovolt/eovolt-20-afternoon-ebike/.
really nice and felt sturdy and gets max 60miles on the battery, but going to look at a local bike shop.

this one for small and portable.

this one as lots of people have recommended it.

thanks for the advice.

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
A 20 minute walk suggests a distance of around one mile. Cycling that distance on a standard pedal bike might take 5-6 minutes and provide a bit of exercise. An ebike might knock a minute off that time, but would provide even less exercise. Perhaps you have a particular need for an ebike, but why go to the additional expense and faff of buying an ebike, rather than an unassisted bike?
it would be very handy for my work, as i currently cannot drive due to medical reasons, and with my medical condition i suffer from fatigue, so the added benefit of assistance is great. but if needed you can ride it unassisted.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Obvs not a recommendation but I was irked I couldn't remember any of the bikes I noted when I did last look around.
I've had another rummage around and Tern ebikes were definitely recommended, might be worth a look.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Slowly coming back to me.

The Li-Fe ebike was the one that really caught me eye.
Apparently it's light and really quick and easy to fold and unfold.

I think I'm done now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here