[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Does anyone have any recommendations for local bike shops in the west/east Sussex area?
I’ve always used Rayments- the staff have been friendly and knowledgeable and stable for many years. Recently, however, three new f them have relocated due to cost of living in Brighton. Will, the owner, is still there - and he knows his stuff.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Me and Jnr keeping it real.

He needs to be back quick for a party, so instead of getting the tube back to London Bridge we hired bikes and got on the 18:06 with time to spare.

There is a Chelsea fan on the train but I guess he left S Bridge considerably earlier than we did!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Me and Jnr keeping it real.

He needs to be back quick for a party, so instead of getting the tube back to London Bridge we hired bikes and got on the 18:06 with time to spare.

There is a Chelsea fan on the train but I guess he left S Bridge considerably earlier than we did!
Marvellous scenes! :ascarf:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Much love to the fella who, rather too excitedly, shouted out "he's got MAG 20 wheels" as I cycled out of t'AMEX, last night. 😂 😂 😂

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
From the recent Tour de Bretagne. Makes THAT RVV crash seem like child's play :eek:

Thankfully the 4 riders taken to hospital are all ok. Fractured wrist was the worst outcome apparently.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Going to replace my flat bar road bike with another. Being 6ft 1.5" I fall between an L frame, (up to 6ft 1), and an XL (6ft 1 and up) on the brand I'm looking at. I'm not one for an overly bent over riding position, am happier riding more upright. Any advice appreciated. It'll be an online purchase hence wanting to get advice. Thanks.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
Going to replace my flat bar road bike with another. Being 6ft 1.5" I fall between an L frame, (up to 6ft 1), and an XL (6ft 1 and up) on the brand I'm looking at. I'm not one for an overly bent over riding position, am happier riding more upright. Any advice appreciated. It'll be an online purchase hence wanting to get advice. Thanks.
Love a flat bar road bike. I've an old Kona Paddywagon that I use to zip around town/beach/pub/cricket etc.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's impossible to tell, but by the same token there probably aren't any wrong answers.

You'll not be overly bent over on the L, you are likely to feel 'bigger' on the XL.
Both frames can be easily tweaked, saddle height, bar reach, to make them identical.
If you're knees are of an age, they might appreciate the XL, but again they'll not scream for a policeman because you got the L.

I ride both, both are very comfortable, riding position doesn't really come into it when choosing which to ride.
(TBH that's just 'which is nearest the door of my stable' - oh and only one has mudguards! )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports