Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Cheers John, ill give that a go for sure. Can the ride be uploaded onto me garmin from this app?

It says it can, there's a 'download' button under the distance below the route on the left hand side.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Cheers mate, unfortunately I can't make the Sunday now but will definitely be up for the next ride.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
It is, gonna check what the weathers doing so might be doing the ride on the Sunday, as Saturday looks like a washout ATM.

Hi, Im afraid Geoff and I are going to have to dip out of this one, weather is crud on Saturday and we can not do Sunday as we are leading the Proper Cycling Club ride from Lewes, so barring a massive change in the forecast weather we will see you all on the next one

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Cheers mate, unfortunately I can't make the Sunday now but will definitely be up for the next ride.

Hi, Im afraid Geoff and I are going to have to dip out of this one, weather is crud on Saturday and we can not do Sunday as we are leading the Proper Cycling Club ride from Lewes, so barring a massive change in the forecast weather we will see you all on the next one

No worries chaps, weathers beaten us this time unfortunately. Catch up again soon. Hamilton, I've sent you a message via Strava in reply. Mr T and Myself will be doing the ride on Sunday if you can make it??

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No worries chaps, weathers beaten us this time unfortunately. Catch up again soon. Hamilton, I've sent you a message via Strava in reply. Mr T and Myself will be doing the ride on Sunday if you can make it??

I'm free on Sunday - I think - so up for a spin. May have to join you fellas for the morning part and turn back earlier due to family lunch commitments, but I can certainly ride out with you both. Same time? 9.30?

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
I'm free on Sunday - I think - so up for a spin. May have to join you fellas for the morning part and turn back earlier due to family lunch commitments, but I can certainly ride out with you both. Same time? 9.30?

Nice one. Yeah 9.30 start. If you're passing Tricky's gaff pick him up on route and I'll meet you by the wooden bridge, not on it. :rolleyes: I'll get Tricky to text and arrange a meeting point.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Booo - I'd have been over had it been a Sunday ride!

Drop Phil a line on Strava he might join you now.

Jeep

Aug 1, 2003
I'm keen to join up for a ride sometime too. My riding at weekends is limited as real life seems to get in the way.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When you get a day like to day I always regret not getting out more during the summer. :(
I would say 'when you get a day like to day I always regret being a postman' but that would be a lie.
Today is a small price to pay for all the days when everybody else is stuck indoors and I'm strolling around in the sunshine.

Anyway it wasn't so bad, it's not as if residual washing liquid was bubbling through my shorts.
Them days is the wet ones.

I would say 'when you get a day like to day I always regret being a postman' but that would be a lie.
Today is a small price to pay for all the days when everybody else is stuck indoors and I'm strolling around in the sunshine.

Anyway it wasn't so bad, it's not as if residual washing liquid was bubbling through my shorts.
Them days is the wet ones.

My bruv is a postie in Brighton and he says pretty much the same! We're you in ur shorts yesterday Stat?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My bruv is a postie in Brighton and he says pretty much the same! We're you in ur shorts yesterday Stat?
Of course, I've not worn big boy trousers for years

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

I work outside and to be honest i would not do it if i was rich or afraid of the weather,some days i don't even notice the rain,to be honest we are in danger of a hosepipe ban next summer at the moment due to the lack of rain.....as you were PS why am i on this thread i don't even like cycling.

I work outside and to be honest i would not do it if i was rich or afraid of the weather,some days i don't even notice the rain,to be honest we are in danger of a hosepipe ban next summer at the moment due to the lack of rain.....as you were PS why am i on this thread i don't even like cycling.

Yeah right, u've just been waiting for an excuse to get amongst the geeks!!!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Yeah right, u've just been waiting for an excuse to get amongst the geeks!!!

:lolol: tbf if it's good enough for [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] then it's good enough for me,hang on he is a cycle lover.......

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Her cleats will ruin that paintwork.

laura-trott-and-jason-kenny-image-lauratrott31-instagram.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Booooo after 11 years of postieing I finally lost my virginity :cry:

Today I was on the receiving end of my first proper dog bite.

The fooker shot out past it's owner as I was walking away from the house, and sunk it's teeth into my calf.
Imagine my surprise to turn and see a cocker spaniel - christ knows how bad of a dog owner you have to be to create a monster out of that.

Naturally I was somewhat pi$$ed off.

I had the owner following me down the road with a bit of kitchen towel offering to tend the wound. I kept telling her to leave me alone, saying I won't be able to remain civil for much longer, when she finally muttered the 'usual line':-

'Are you going to report it'?
'Yes, it's a dangerous dog'.
'But it's not dangerous' (by now blood is pouring out of my leg)
'You really have to leave me alone, right now'.

Just back from the doctors as one of the 5 puncture wounds wouldn't stop bleeding, it was too deep to close up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here