Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Our local cycling club were looking to order club crest design headset caps too. I can't remember the exact price, but I do remember laughing at it like I've just laughed at yours. Suffice to say...it's a no from me.
Well I'll put you down as a maybe...

...just in case. :lol:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No headset cap for me either!

I agree that caps are a better idea. I still have my two, one in France, one here. Love 'em.

So another version of them, please.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I gotta try that Louie Spence warm up before my next ride. :lolol: that was very entertaining.

Just don't tell him to ride at 60 mph :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Watched the 2nd episode, how many times are they gonna fall off the bike. :facepalm:
Mad isn't it.
Although I shouldn't comment as am out for a spin tomorrow.
Anything said now, on the subject, is just asking for trouble.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
What is almost nonexistent of me, I happen to have a no football Saturday day off, this week.

If anyone is riding and wants to drag an out of shape fat bloke around Sussex, let me know.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
What is almost nonexistent of me, I happen to have a no football Saturday day off, this week.

If anyone is riding and wants to drag an out of shape fat bloke around Sussex, let me know.

Sorry mate, not gonna happen...off to France for Christmas on Sunday, need to prepare on Saturday. I'll be surprised if I get out. Have a good one!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Anyone watched that film - The Program - yet?

I watched it last night. Not too bad a watch but unless you've read Walsh's book then it can come across as a bit of a fly through without much clue as to what's going on. They had a lot to cram in I suppose.

I also watched this earlier in the evening too :

A couple of days ago I watched the Eddie the Eagle film. Massive poetic licence but have to say I really really enjoyed this one. Proper feel good film! 100% recommend.

Must be that time of year as I've just watched three films in as many days, which is probably more than my tally for the whole year. Onto Miles Ahead next.

Anyone got any more cycling film/documentary recommendations they care to share?

So far, this is next on my viewing list:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've not seen it 1066, but 'Battle Mountain: Graeme Obree's Story' ought to be worth a watch.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I've not seen it 1066, but 'Battle Mountain: Graeme Obree's Story' ought to be worth a watch.

If it's anything near as good as The Flying Scotsman then it should be well worth the watch. Thanks, had never heard of it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wont Back Down: The Story of Steve Peat - great documentary if you like your mountain biking too.

Thanks. I'll have a look out for it for the story, but mountain biking isn't my thing to be honest.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If it's anything near as good as The Flying Scotsman then it should be well worth the watch. Thanks, had never heard of it.
Battle Mountain is a documentary following GO's attempt to break the world land speed record, for facing forward.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here