Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Hey Geeks - looking at you here [MENTION=22214]banjo[/MENTION].

My Monday ride has really stuck with me.
Sussex was just spectacular.

Those, in the area, won't be disappointed with a ride incorporating West Chiltington, Christ's Hospital or Warninglid and Fulking.

Marvelous scenes.

It certainly is. Managed a small ride today after work. On a course this week so days for me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It certainly is. Managed a small ride today after work. On a course this week so days for me.
Booo, according to the BBC you'll have your nose pressed against the window tomorrow, another glorious autumnal day ahead.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I've done a rather stupid thing.

A few weeks ago, when looking for cycling motivation, also coincided with us having to fill out our 2017/18 holiday forms.

Foolishly, with my odd days I requested Tour of Flanders sportive weekend.
Scarily I had those dates accepted.

I'm now desperately looking for an excuse to cancel :lol: :facepalm:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I've done a rather stupid thing.

A few weeks ago, when looking for cycling motivation, also coincided with us having to fill out our 2017/18 holiday forms.

Foolishly, with my odd days I requested Tour of Flanders sportive weekend.
Scarily I had those dates accepted.

I'm now desperately looking for an excuse to cancel :lol: :facepalm:

Have you actually entered the sportive yet?

Events like this, on the continent, are wonderful. You'll love it.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Plans already tentatively in motion for a switch from our previous Paris-Roubaix trips to a Tour of Flanders trip instead.

Are you planning on the official organised sportive then SB? Or have you given any thought to making up your own routes and then watching the race live?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you actually entered the sportive yet?

Events like this, on the continent, are wonderful. You'll love it.
No hopefully Procrastinating Stat will bail me out.

Plans already tentatively in motion for a switch from our previous Paris-Roubaix trips to a Tour of Flanders trip instead.

Are you planning on the official organised sportive then SB? Or have you given any thought to making up your own routes and then watching the race live?
It being a one time only experience I'd be looking to do the whole route.
But that brings with it logistic troubles as the start and finish lines are 50kms apart.

I've been looking into it for a good few weeks, Bikeradar has been a great help.

I love the principle, the older (and fatter) I've got it's become far more appealing than Alpe D'Huez et al.

Although I've become seriously interested in the French village of Quillan :thumbsup:
The other night I even found myself plotting a circular route, naturally, including Le Plateau de Beille.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
No hopefully Procrastinating Stat will bail me out.

It being a one time only experience I'd be looking to do the whole route.
But that brings with it logistic troubles as the start and finish lines are 50kms apart.

I've been looking into it for a good few weeks, Bikeradar has been a great help.

I love the principle, the older (and fatter) I've got it's become far more appealing than Alpe D'Huez et al.

Although I've become seriously interested in the French village of Quillan :thumbsup:
The other night I even found myself plotting a circular route, naturally, including Le Plateau de Beille.

That's on my radar too! So many gorgeous circular routes down there. I have a map of many of them, colour rated by difficulty as per skiing resorts. Wish I was there now!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's on my radar too! So many gorgeous circular routes down there. I have a map of many of them, colour rated by difficulty as per skiing resorts. Wish I was there now!
What a coincidence :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Your 33000th post :ohmy:
Ouch.

And yet my weening off is going ok.
It would have been better if the Albion had signed a striker and America wasn't in the process of voting in a hatstand lunatic.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Ouch.

It would have been better if the Albion had signed a striker and America wasn't in the process of voting in a hatstand lunatic.

:lol:

Or so effing cold. I went round the block a couple of time at 6.30 today before packing it in. Barely being 48 hours free from man 'flu meds may have contributed too.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Ouch.

I wasn't aware that you thought we needed a new striker...

Personally, I can't contribute to discussions about the likes of Trump. In fact I couldn't look at NSC at all for a couple of months after Brexit. The occasional dip into Cycling Geeks and that was it.

Too depressing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
:lol:

Or so effing cold. I went round the block a couple of time at 6.30 today before packing it in. Barely being 48 hours free from man 'flu meds may have contributed too.
You're all a bunch of big girls blouses.

I cycled to work at 5:45 yesterday morning, in shorts and short sleeve shirt.
The uniform I wore all morning, on delivery, just like I did in August.

Man up geeks. :lolol:

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Hi guys- looking forward to next weeks NSC Geeks ride, where exactly are we meeting? (i know its the airfield but not sure where on it)

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wasn't aware that you thought we needed a new striker...

Personally, I can't contribute to discussions about the likes of Trump. In fact I couldn't look at NSC at all for a couple of months after Brexit. The occasional dip into Cycling Geeks and that was it.

Too depressing.
I was doing so well.
I instantly realised Brexit and UK politics in general was completely pointless being 'debated' on NSC.
If I'd worked out as quickly that Jem was just a BGesque algorithm, I could have saved myself 100's of posts with a simple 'whatever'.

Live and learn.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Hi guys- looking forward to next weeks NSC Geeks ride, where exactly are we meeting? (i know its the airfield but not sure where on it)

Banjo's bridge - I'll let him explain.

The wooden footbridge of airshow infamy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here