Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cycling geeks

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
When added to the tyres and saddle I've bought, Stat Towers is going to look like an explosion in a celeste factory.

Plus the fact I'm not sure if I want black hood covers on my 'bright' bike.

I just can't think of another colour to get.

Have you got one of these to go with it -

bianchi-celeste-long-sleeve-jersey.jpg

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Not sure if it counts as proper cycling, but team England are looking good on the track in the Commonwealth Games - first sub 4 minute time in the team pursuit.

With only 2 teams left to qualify, England are guaranteed at least a place in the bronze-final.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Not sure if it counts as proper cycling, but team England are looking good on the track in the Commonwealth Games - first sub 4 minute time in the team pursuit.

With only 2 teams left to qualify, England are guaranteed at least a place in the bronze-final.

Turn over - it's Pau-Hautecam in the TdF.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle

Meh! This is a bit pointless, Australia will destroy England in the final. GB cycling seem to just prioritise Olympics, let the Aussies have the glory in between, we will take the big one.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Meh! This is a bit pointless, Australia will destroy England in the final. GB cycling seem to just prioritise Olympics, let the Aussies have the glory in between, we will take the big one.
Where have you been P, it's been a while.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Have you got one of these to go with it -

View attachment 56555
No and in fairness nothing much is going to change, other than looking considerably less 'tired'.
Although my alter ego 'mad' Bianchi will be getting the last thing it needs, that being a set of hand me down celeste walled tyres. :facepalm:

Don't encourage him. Madness lies where there's 100% celeste.
A good few years ago there was a local unit who was 100% celeste.
Properly 100%.
Properly celeste.
You name it, it was celeste.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Where have you been P, it's been a while.

On holiday again. Germany this time. I was in Berlin for the World Cup final, which was pretty cool. Managed to keep up with the Nibali Procession de France though.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
On holiday again. Germany this time. I was in Berlin for the World Cup final, which was pretty cool. Managed to keep up with the Nibali Procession de France though.
Stage win wise, you were in the right country for that, too.

JoePrecious

Mar 3, 2009
So, after much waiting, here it is...

ba5avu8u.jpg

Went out for a short ride on it just to get used to it and then round to a friend's to show it off! Hopefully do some more miles on it on Sunday.

Oi - give me my frame back!

Have to say, I absolutely love the bike. I got it when they were supplying a generic Shimano crank set so that was the first thing I replaced with a 6700 Ultegra. And much as I love the colour, it's a nightmare to keep clean. I'm not sure what they've coated it in, but grease just tends to smear around if you try and wipe it off!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't encourage him. Madness lies where there's 100% celeste.
I have a new phone and found a colour setting close to celeste (teal :shrug:).
With today's geek input in mind, I just couldn't help myself.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I'm contemplating riding to work later. Which is easy, but it means I'll be riding home some time after midnight. Mainly down an unlit road between Haywards Heath & Burgess Hill.

I have decent lights (unused as yet): what are my chances of getting run over by some ignorant idiot in a speeding Citroen Saxo, do we think?

(I'd have said a white van but not so many of them around at 1am, apart from the ones carrying out ram raids)

You'd would surely have access to relevant statistics wouldn't you? ???

Actually, my brother-in-law is moving out of their flat in Lewisham to a nice country pad nr. Maresfield and Buxted. He's had 3 nice bikes stolen over the past few years, but now he's in Sussex wants to get a road bike but worried about it getting nicked from Uckfield station so he's been looking at second hand not so nice ones - he's paranoid about it now as you'd expect.

Anyway, I ramble on, but I did a search on the crime stats, and basically there hasn't been a bike stolen in Uckfield / Maresfield / Buxted for well over a year, in fact I couldn't even find out when a bike was last reported stolen in this area!

Now I've told him, he's looking at some nicer models.

….not sure how this connects to your own concern about getting knocked off though….:D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Aaarrrgggghhhhhh feckin Strava.

I've been attacking a 2 mile 'sprint' section, which includes a 1 mile sub section at the start, for a little while.
It sits nicely in my 10 mile TT route.

I'm now 2nd (6 secs down) overall on the full segment and 3rd (2 secs down) overall, behind 2 joint leaders, on the opening segment.

Something I should be so blooming proud of, other than 1 tiny problem.

The number 1 is one of my bestest mates Colin, Col du Col.
Crowbarring his knee caps, tomorrow morning, will hurt me more than it will him :lolol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I saw that funnily enough, and thought it was him. At least I don't know anyone on my manor to do that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I saw that funnily enough, and thought it was him. At least I don't know anyone on my manor to do that.
Lovely bloke, laid back to the point of sleepy, and all he's going to get is a volley of abuse from me.
Just to ice the cake he did 1 foot more climbing than me this evening, on a separate ride.
Now that is funny.

Indurain's Lungs

Legend of Garry Nelson
Jun 22, 2010
Dorset
Aaarrrgggghhhhhh feckin Strava.

I've been attacking a 2 mile 'sprint' section, which includes a 1 mile sub section at the start, for a little while.
It sits nicely in my 10 mile TT route.

I'm now 2nd (6 secs down) overall on the full segment and 3rd (2 secs down) overall, behind 2 joint leaders, on the opening segment.

Something I should be so blooming proud of, other than 1 tiny problem.

The number 1 is one of my bestest mates Colin, Col du Col.
Crowbarring his knee caps, tomorrow morning, will hurt me more than it will him :lolol:

Just go a few seconds faster!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just go a few seconds faster!
If only it were that easy!!

I do have a secret weapon (final card to play)
I changed the gearing on my main bike putting a bigger ring on the back, at the expense of the smallest.
My commute Bianchi is traditional.
So once it's properly fighting fit I'll have a crack on that, it definitely rides faster than my carbon bike.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here