Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Much better second half, can we please play from kick off with the same intensity. We could have won that game at a canter with the right tactics FFS

Sort it out Roberto, you clearly do not wind the team up until we are behind

We were lucky tonight.

Palace played better than us for a good portion of that game.

We looked very much like a team struggling to find form and to keep fit.

I don't know that we deserved the equaliser if I'm honest. But I will take it.
I must of watched a different game then! They had a good 15 mins or so and scored from our errors. At worst it was even 1st half, 2nd half only 1 team in it and they were hanging on at end.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Well, I’m pleased with the result - without over analysing every misplaced pass etc… sure we sucked a bit in the first half, but that’s down to Hodgson ball and this game meaning the world to Palace, especially at home.

We’re cut to shreds in terms of injuries and it’s getting worse every week. January has arrived at a very decent time, let’s hope we have the wit to take advantage.

In terms of stats and the second half, we deserved a point at least and we didn’t let them sneak a nasty underserved victory.

I’m sure they’ll be more pissed off than us, and that’s a comforting thought.

Onward!

And happy Christmas to you all :)
Happy Christmas to you to but that first half was a clusterfuck and first halves have turned into a nightmare for RDZ, he needs to send the team out to pressure the opposition from the off, not to f*** about passing backwards when we are on the attack!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
We seem to be severely lacking in the goals that were promised with RBZ. Commentators constantly going on about our goals conceded stat but it shouldn't matter the idea was that we let in a couple and score more.

Wasn't it?
We’re also lacking March, Enciso, Fati & Estupinan; have 2 wingers that look jaded with little competition for their places; Welbeck’s been missing and showed tonight why that’s been a big loss plus Ferguson has a bad spell with all the pressure on his young shoulders.

I make us 9 points down on equivalent fixtures last season. It’d be 3 if we’d put the Fulham, Sheff U & Burnley games to bed - which i’m pretty sure we would have done with a couple of those attackers fit.

Top half and in the last 16 with the schedule and injuries is a bloody good effort.

SlickHenry

Apr 10, 2020
We are not at the level of last season but it’s hardly unexpected considering injuries, players sold and the extra fixtures this season. Before the game tonight we were only one point off same time last season, which is a great achievement. Tonight was a tired performance but we dug deep to get a point and were much the better team in the second half.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Played well - absolutely miles better than them. One team played football, one played pinball. It’s happened again palace 🤣

No1 rule - don’t lose!

Miles better than them in the second half. Not so much in the first half when I thought they were better than us.

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
The amount of times we allowed palace get back into shape was infuriating. Really trying to hold off being overly critical because of the demands.of a europa season and the ridiculous injury list, but no excuse to turn back/slow the game down as often as we did in that first half
Agree we fail to take advantage of turnovers, because we rely on our players to get back into shape as much as thw opposition do.
It's a failing in our style

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Pleased with a point after the first half performance . However if it was a fight the referee would have stopped it at the end - they were done and desperately hanging on for a point at home against a seriously weakened Albion side :ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here