Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
Take the point, defeat would have been too much to that shower. Need to start matches as if we're behind and play with that sort of urgency from the start.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We surely can't be happy to take a draw against a Palace side as terrible as that.
We always have to be happy simply not to lose to Palace. It really doesn't matter how terrible they are - they always find a way. After all, they came back from 2-0 against Man City at the weekend.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Struggling to remember the last league game where we weren't unbelievably bad in the first half tbh. Of the games I've been at, probably Liverpool, and we still went into that one behind.

We absolutely need two full backs, a midfielder and a winger in Jan or we will be also-rans in the race for top 8. No shame in that, but this side is capable of it.
We weren’t unbelievably bad in the first half against Brentford

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
You know the whistle is about to blow, there's under a minute left of injury time, but still sideways, back, sideways back. Until ref blows for FT

That last minute sums up a massively frustrating night.
Yep, just get the damn ball in the box and at least there's a chance of something, even a last gasp penalty. So pointless to be passing it around the edge with so little time remaining.

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
First half a bit woeful. Subs made a big difference. Felt sorry for Beleba, I am sure he'll come good, but he looks a bit scared to have the ball, just looks for the 5 yard pass back to centre half every time.
Much better when Gross went there.
Also thought that was Bunnanotte's best game when he came on. Looked much more threatening than Adingra.
And Welbeck is back.
Just annoying that we keep making that one mistake every game that costs us.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We were lucky tonight.

Palace played better than us for a good portion of that game.

We looked very much like a team struggling to find form and to keep fit.

I don't know that we deserved the equaliser if I'm honest. But I will take it.

Interestingly, the CP fora think they were bloody awful this evening, outplayed, lucky to get a point in the end. Knives out for Hodgson and Eze.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
Much better second half. Buananotte made a big difference. I think half the problem at the moment is our wingers are so exhausted that they lack the usual threat especially when teams double up on them.So having a different attacking option through the middle gives us something else. Brilliant header from Wellbeck and a deserved point.
We need to play with either Mitoma or Adingra and rotate them. That would also force us to be creative in other ways.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We seem to be severely lacking in the goals that were promised with RBZ. Commentators constantly going on about our goals conceded stat but it shouldn't matter the idea was that we let in a couple and score more.

Wasn't it?

boik

We were lucky tonight.

Palace played better than us for a good portion of that game.

We looked very much like a team struggling to find form and to keep fit.

I don't know that we deserved the equaliser if I'm honest. But I will take it.
If you consider 20 minutes to be a good portion of 90 then I guess you're right.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Is that 2 wins in 12 now, relegation form. Thankfully there are three very poor teams
12 points from those 12 games, which is just about staying up form. And we played all of the current top 4 in that run. Now that we have no European football until March I’m sure we’ll pick up more than enough points to not be worried about how many poor teams there are.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here