Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Crystal Palace vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We were lucky tonight.

Palace played better than us for a good portion of that game.

We looked very much like a team struggling to find form and to keep fit.

I don't know that we deserved the equaliser if I'm honest. But I will take it.
Did you listen to it on Crystal Palace Radio?

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
The fact we didn’t get the ball in the box in the last 30 seconds says it all. We lack just a bit of maturity in key moments.

Fantastic 2nd half but losing points to teams like this time and time again is really frustrating.
Yep. Dyche team would've peppered the 6 yard box in last minute, we pass between the defenders and Gilmour until whistle blows.

Chance is we wouldn't have scored anyway, but very poor to not take any risk and shoot or at least bung it in the box towards Welbeck.

You cant win in the last minute by passing sideways across the back.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Fulham, Sheffield United, Burnley ................. and now Palace. What is it in our make up that stops us beating the crap teams? Eight points dropped.
Because, at the moment, I believe our performances are a fair reflection of 'our level.' We are far short of anything approaching the side that we had last year, even before the current spate of injuries.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
MacA-Caicedo-Gilmour would be quality. His lack of pace an irrelevance.
It’s the qualities he needs next to him that he misses. Someone more mobile, who can also take the ball under pressure and progress it.

I know Baleba’s statistically been very good this year, but I think most teams know that if they cut off Gilmour, it interrupts our rhythm completely.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
First half a bit woeful. Subs made a big difference. Felt sorry for Beleba, I am sure he'll come good, but he looks a bit scared to have the ball, just looks for the 5 yard pass back to centre half every time.
Much better when Gross went there.
Also thought that was Bunnanotte's best game when he came on. Looked much more threatening than Adingra.
And Welbeck is back.
Just annoying that we keep making that one mistake every game that costs us.

I felt sorry for Beleba as well, it seemed Palace players just needed to run into him and fall over, for them to get free kicks. I think he’ll be great once he’s had more time and is a bit more up to speed.

brighton_dave

Apr 13, 2016
We always have to be happy simply not to lose to Palace. It really doesn't matter how terrible they are - they always find a way. After all, they came back from 2-0 against Man City at the weekend
Yep definitely given I have Palace mates too. I'm confident this is and will be the worst Palace side we see (and have seen) for a few years. That's why the frustration is there.

Krafty

Apr 19, 2023
Don't think we are qualifying for Europe this season, via the league.

Might lower my expectations and hope for a top-half finish - which should be achievable 🤞

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
imagine being a palace fan with Roy trying to shut up shop at half time and Olise with the ball time wasting in the corner on 70min. No wonder they are all so depressed up the road watching that shit every week.

IMG_1270.png

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Played well - absolutely miles better than them. One team played football, one played pinball. It’s happened again palace 🤣

No1 rule - don’t lose!

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Well, I’m pleased with the result - without over analysing every misplaced pass etc… sure we sucked a bit in the first half, but that’s down to Hodgson ball and this game meaning the world to Palace, especially at home.

We’re cut to shreds in terms of injuries and it’s getting worse every week. January has arrived at a very decent time, let’s hope we have the wit to take advantage.

In terms of stats and the second half, we deserved a point at least and we didn’t let them sneak a nasty underserved victory.

I’m sure they’ll be more pissed off than us, and that’s a comforting thought.

Onward!

And happy Christmas to you all :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here