Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Thomson

Status
Not open for further replies.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
There was an interesting phone in on 5live yesterday morning about this and whether sex offenders should be given a second chance. I just can't see how they can when they are in a role that is so prominent to the public eye

Hearts have a bit of a history regarding giving sex offenders second chances, they employed Graham Rix as manager whilst he was still banned from working with youth players

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
what eveidence needs to be considered he known a 12 year old sense she was 6 and sent her pictures of his cock and told her he wanted to have sex with her.

Are you a lawyer then? Why don't you be a good chap and solve a few others crimes whilst you are here? Personally, if the judge felt his actions were only worthy of a fine then that's what we go with.

Sexual offence trials are, understandably, quite cautious affairs because of the obvious implications to either party of disclosing too much 'sensitive' information. We won't know the full ins and outs of it, I wouldn't have thought.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Are you a lawyer then? Why don't you be a good chap and solve a few others crimes whilst you are here? Personally, if the judge felt his actions were only worthy of a fine then that's what we go with.

Sexual offence trials are, understandably, quite cautious affairs because of the obvious implications to either party of disclosing too much 'sensitive' information. We won't know the full ins and outs of it, I wouldn't have thought.

where did i say im a lawyer i dont care what the circumstances are he has known the girl sense she was 6 and he sent picture of his cock and asked her for sex, theres NO f***ing EXCUSE what so ever

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
where did i say im a lawyer i dont care what the circumstances are he has known the girl sense she was 6 and he sent picture of his cock and asked her for sex, theres NO f***ing EXCUSE what so ever

No one has said there is any excuse for his actions. I'm just saying that if the judge believes that a fine was sufficient (having heard all of the facts, which is more than we have) then personally I am comfortable with that.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
im not moaning about the fine, i just dont think he should be allowed to carry on with his job.

It's a tough one. Playing in front of a crowd of people which is likely to contain a fair degree of kids is undoubtedly problematic. However, it is unlikely that he is going to be alone with any of them. I don't see how him carrying on his job is really going to bring harm to kids (which is ultimately the important thing to be protecting). In fact, having a career to focus on (not being stuck at home etc) might actually lessen the chance of him re-offending.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
It's a tough one. Playing in front of a crowd of people which is likely to contain a fair degree of kids is undoubtedly problematic. However, it is unlikely that he is going to be alone with any of them. I don't see how him carrying on his job is really going to bring harm to kids (which is ultimately the important thing to be protecting). In fact, having a career to focus on (not being stuck at home etc) might actually lessen the chance of him re-offending.

I know but why should this monster, be allowed to carry on doing the job he loves and getting paid a packet for doing it, i have read his team mates dont want to know him and the manager of Hearts has said he wont be able to play him.

Its not just him i think there are a number of players that are still playing that should not be allowed to

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

his a role model to kids, and his hardly setting a good example, his a child sex offender not many employers would carry on employing one esp at such a high calibre level, his scum. Why should he carry on doing the job he loves, he should rot.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
his a role model to kids, and his hardly setting a good example, his a child sex offender not many employers would carry on employing one esp at such a high calibre level, his scum. Why should he carry on doing the job he loves, he should rot.

Really stupid reply.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Really stupid reply.

why is it yeah lets, let peados carry on doing the jobs they want there such deserving people after all, i mean a fine and the sex offenders register thats more than enough punishment. Bollocks the guys a scum bag

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

If that is the case do you think the likes of JT, Fat Frank, Rio, Stevie G, Wazza and other players should also lose their jobs for their misdemeanours?

Do you think sacking him will increase or decrease the chances of it happening again?

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field

Why does his crime deprive him of the right to work? So, you think he should be in prison indefintely?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
why is it yeah lets, let peados carry on doing the jobs they want there such deserving people after all, i mean a fine and the sex offenders register thats more than enough punishment. Bollocks the guys a scum bag

So you know more about the case than the judge then do you?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Why does his crime deprive him of the right to work? So, you think he should be in prison indefintely?

Personally i think they should be all lined up and shot, i have seen the effects they have had on people.

Why should they have the right to work, if a copper or a nurse done it they would have been fired, why should any other employment be different.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Hearts should suspend him , with cheesewire around his scrotum. Why is he only on the sex offenders register for 5 years ? Once a paedophile , always a paedophile.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

Ever heard of deformation of character? What makes people sit on the internet and come up with statements like that? I think everyone understands what point you're trying to make, but you're making it really badly, consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here