Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Status
Not open for further replies.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
At long last Hearts as stepping the in right direction and have suspended him, now they just have to sack the sicko.

:wanker:

Don't be so judgemental. We've all made honest mistakes.

I mean who hasn't sent the odd picture of their Johnson to a 12 year old girl?

Don't be so judgemental. We've all made honest mistakes.

I mean who hasn't sent the odd picture of their Johnson to a 12 year old girl?

I'm not defending the bloke one bit and what he did is totally wrong, but what were the circumstances in which he sent the pictures? Did the two girls in question look sixteen years old?
I've not heard much detail about the case bar the odd snippet on the radio.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
I'm not defending the bloke one bit and what he did is totally wrong, but what were the circumstances in which he sent the pictures? Did the two girls in question look sixteen years old?

The 12 year old he has known most her life, and the 14 year old her date of birth was on the facebook account he was grooming her on.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
There was an interesting phone in on 5live yesterday morning about this and whether sex offenders should be given a second chance. I just can't see how they can when they are in a role that is so prominent to the public eye

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
He might as well retire from professional football. If not, an opposition player may just "retire" him with two adidas Predators to the throat.

The 12 year old he has known most her life, and the 14 year old her date of birth was on the facebook account he was grooming her on.

Well then it doesn't seem there any mitigating circumstances at all.
Hearts have now done the correct thing in suspending him.
I wonder how many companies would instantly dismiss a person if they had done such a thing?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Well then it doesn't seem there any mitigating circumstances at all.
Hearts have now done the correct thing in suspending him.
I wonder how many companies would instantly dismiss a person if they had done such a thing?

Well i hope most would sack anyone that does things like that.

A drinks company has pulled there sponsorship on Hearts aswell, as they took to long to act on getting rid of him.

The manager has even said he dosnt want to play him now

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

the circumstances do no sound very mitigating at all. What a fool. Was he really grooming them or was it a one off, stupid act trying to be funny?

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
Just read this from Graeme Spiers, four times capped Scottish Sports Journalist of the Year and sports journalist for the Scottish Times.

Everyone condemns what Craig Thomson has done. But he is no ‘sick paedo’ and the rest of it. This is what the internet does to kids today.

interesting debate the Scottish papers are trying to kick up

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
the circumstances do no sound very mitigating at all. What a fool. Was he really grooming them or was it a one off, stupid act trying to be funny?

Doubtful. He even coaxed one of the girls to take her top off, the sick f***.

Hearts have been utterly PATHETIC in all of this. Yesterday they are inexplicably standing by him, but then as soon as sponsors rightly start dropping them like a hot potato, its an immediate u-turn and he's suspended. They made the wrong decision, and only corrected it when cash started coming into the equation.

How long is he suspended for anyway ? Its not like he can undo his vile crime. Just sack the little scumbag and have done with it already.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This story demonstrates the greed in football.

Commons sense suggests things should have panned out as follows:

1. Hearts announce his contract has been terminated.
2. Player makes statement announcing he regrets actions and will undergo intensive counselling to address these personal problems.
3. Player's agent touts him around whilst player gets treatment.
4. Player finishes treatment, announces how it's made him a better person etc etc
5. Player signs for lower League English / European club, keeps head down.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Companies employing "ordinary" people (as opposed to vaguely famous footballers) might not find out though, or at least not instantly. Unless someone tipped them off, which I accept is reasonably likely. But it's less newsworthy, and thus unlikely to bring said company into disrepute.

Where would a company whose business was, I don't know, online advertising sales say, stand if they instantly dismissed a member of staff who had been convicted of child sex offences? Could he argue unfair dismissal on the basis that his conviction has no relevance to his job?

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
In reply to Edna, most employment contracts would stipulate that offences that are obligatory to disclose are precisely that, disclosed. Therefore, a failure to do so would be a sacking offence anyway.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In reply to Edna, most employment contracts would stipulate that offences that are obligatory to disclose are precisely that, disclosed. Therefore, a failure to do so would be a sacking offence anyway.

Fair do's :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports