[Football] Conor Goldson take a bow

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
3m was a good price for a defender that wasn’t even our first choice when we were in the Championship. The SPL is nowhere near the level of the Premier League, and Rangers would probably struggle to make the play offs in the Championship.

In Europe they have conceded just 7 away goals this term...

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Goldson was good, but there was a reason Hughton went out and bought Duffy. Goldson was slightly suspect in the air at the top level

Well Goldson has never played at the top level, i.e. the Premier League, so we'll never know. Butl I do agree that Shane Duffy was an excellent buy, and was a big factor in helping keep us in the Premier League after promotion.

Stumpy Tim

Well Goldson has never played at the top level, i.e. the Premier League, so we'll never know. Butl I do agree that Shane Duffy was an excellent buy, and was a big factor in helping keep us in the Premier League after promotion.

Well Goldson was found wanting in the air in the Championship, so Hughton replaced him. Highly unlikely he would have been good enough in the Premier League if he wasn't quite good enough in the air in the Championship

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Played in the 1-0 win against Watford but was then part of the 5 man defence that found themselves 0-2 against Chelsea after 5 mins. Don’t think he played after that.

I think he was a decent player, but he wasn’t good enough to be anything more than back up to Duffy and Dunk.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It would have been interesting to see how he did playing Potterball

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Well, he'll be playing against Bayer Leverkusen - can't see Rangers winning but will be good experience for him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Delicious irony in the fact Duffy replaced Goldson to improve our defence, now Goldson tearing him a new one in the MTL

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
For his second goal it was none other than Shane Duffy who blocked his first attempt, but Connor Goldson could be not be stopped....................

[tweet]1317449120974589953[/tweet]

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
For his second goal it was none other than Shane Duffy who blocked his first attempt, but Connor Goldson could be not be stopped....................

Duffy at fault for number one as well, dropping back to far and messing up the offside trap.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Duffy going to be fuming, he absolutely abhors Rangers.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Im watching the game and the clip doesn't show it clearly for the 2nd, Goldson nutmegs Duffy, passes it into the net straight between Duffys legs.

got to be honest as someone who liked by Shane, he's looked gash today

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Goldson wasn't really given much credit by previous management teams,.... I understood he was never going to dislodge Dunk, but I always thought he was outstanding when he did play.... just one of those things I guess, a bit like Cook and to a similar extent Hunemier.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports