Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Conor Goldson take a bow

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
2015 to Easter 2017 .... amazing times to be an Albion fan.

Goldson was actually with us until summer 2018. 3 full seasons and he only made 32 appearances, the majority of which were in the second half of the 15/16 season.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
By far the best l've ever known in nearly forty years of watching the Albion.

Love seeing us in the Premier League too of course, but somehow just getting there was the really exciting bit.

It was, wasn’t it? It’s for this reason that relegation wouldn’t be the end of the world to me; although that’s easy for me to say as a fan who’ll not be covering the losses we’d make if we went back down.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
I was shouted down when I said we were mad to let him go. I was right.

And for a poxy 3m.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Indeed, less than three years on and very few of them still left at the club.

Think it’s quite impressive we still have Dunk, Duffy, Stephens, March, Murray featuring regularly. Don’t think we had that many still with us from the end of Poyet to promotion.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
At least Goldson never had the misfortune of Asa Hartford, who also had a heart defect (hole in the heart), with David Coleman creating one of his famous Colemanballs, by describing Hartford as a wholehearted player!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I was shouted down when I said we were mad to let him go. I was right.

And for a poxy 3m.

3m was a good price for a defender that wasn’t even our first choice when we were in the Championship. The SPL is nowhere near the level of the Premier League, and Rangers would probably struggle to make the play offs in the Championship.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Goldson was good, but there was a reason Hughton went out and bought Duffy. Goldson was slightly suspect in the air at the top level

Hughton apparently made this decision after that 2-2 Burnley game in 2016, when we conceded a last minute equaliser direct from a corner.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
By far the best l've ever known in nearly forty years of watching the Albion.

Love seeing us in the Premier League too of course, but somehow just getting there was the really exciting bit.

Same for me, on a par with Taylor/Mullery Jan76 (my Albion start) to May 79.

How many home league wins did we see from Jan15 to Easter 17? Countless occasions leaving the Amex very happy.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Indeed, less than three years on and very few of them still left at the club.

It'd be even more if some fans had their way... Stephens, March, Duffy, potentially Murray get absolute pelters at various times this season. The only one immune continues to be Dunk. Let's not pretend that if Goldson were still here, there wouldn't be sections wanting him out too.

That side, those two years were amazing. Two of my absolute favourite years

Westdene Wonder

Aug 3, 2010
Brighton
Oh come on. Goldson couldn’t get a look in over the last two seasons because Dunk and Duffy have been immense. So now you’re saying, with such incredible hindsight because Duffy has not been at his best, that we should have kept him? I seem to remember the same situation with Steve Cook when he went to Bournemouth. It happens, when you’ve got a surplus of good players vying for the same position that the unlucky ones will move on.

Both Duffy and Dunk were excellent last season however this pairing has been messed about with this season and the centre of defense is not what it was

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here