Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Conor Goldson take a bow

Stumpy Tim

If I was him I would see out the season at Rangers as they´ve got the chance to be legends given Celtic have won the title for the last 15 million years. He should hold out for a chance at the Prem too... I´m sure a team would take a punt on him

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What is the price being suggested that Fulham will have to pay?

Won't be cheap will it - for a Championship club.

Let's take a completely uneducated guess.

He's already made 90 appearances and IF reports are correct I'd imagine Rangers ended up paying more than 3.5M.

Factor in a possible sell on clause it's difficult to see what's in it for Rangers as he has 2 years left on his contract.

10 million ?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Won't be cheap will it - for a Championship club.

Let's take a completely uneducated guess.

He's already made 90 appearances and IF reports are correct I'd imagine Rangers ended up paying more than 3.5M.

Factor in a possible sell on clause it's difficult to see what's in it for Rangers as he has 2 years left on his contract.

10 million ?

My completely uneducated guess is £5m

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I would have him back if we are looking at defenders to replace dunk.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Going from the Scottish PL to the English Championship, is one hell of an upgrade for CG.
Hopefully he'll not get a nose bleed.

When you consider that the SPL is a league in which Jon Obika scores goals, you’d have to conclude that it would be a step up.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
From what I have seen, I am sure he is worthy of a Prem. club.
If Fulham get promoted it will probably be via the playoffs, which are a lottery. I think he would under selling himself
Not convinced about either of those statements.

Remember, we got rid of him because he wasn't as good as our first choice centre backs. Excellent at Championship level, mind.
As for Fulham, well Leeds and West Brom are both struggling for form, and Fulham are one of 3 clubs who have taken advantage. One more bad result for either of the leading two and it really is all to play for, and Fulham probably have the strongest squad of the challengers even without Goldson.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Not convinced about either of those statements.

Remember, we got rid of him because he wasn't as good as our first choice centre backs. Excellent at Championship level, mind.
As for Fulham, well Leeds and West Brom are both struggling for form, and Fulham are one of 3 clubs who have taken advantage. One more bad result for either of the leading two and it really is all to play for, and Fulham probably have the strongest squad of the challengers even without Goldson.

Fulham might struggle without Mitrovic for the next few weeks

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Goldson is captain tonight for Rangers game against St Mirren as Tavernier is out having a procedure on his appendix

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Playing really well for Rangers keeping Braga out .just hit the post as well .
Looks like Rangers into last 16.
Is Webster really better than him?!?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Playing really well for Rangers keeping Braga out .just hit the post as well .
Looks like Rangers into last 16.
Is Webster really better than him?!?

The irony being that if Celtic go through then Scotland rises to 13 in the UEFA league rankings.

That's two Champions League spots.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here