Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Conor Goldson take a bow

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Goldson wasn't really given much credit by previous management teams,.... I understood he was never going to dislodge Dunk, but I always thought he was outstanding when he did play.... just one of those things I guess, a bit like Cook and to a similar extent Hunemier.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think everyone knew he was a good player. But Dunk and Duffy were undroppable in the Hughton days.

I would say Conor could still be a good player in the Premier League if given a chance.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Delicious irony in the fact Duffy replaced Goldson to improve our defence, now Goldson tearing him a new one in the MTL

Really pleased for Connor, when you think what might have been had his underlying medical condition gone undetected.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Im watching the game and the clip doesn't show it clearly for the 2nd, Goldson nutmegs Duffy, passes it into the net straight between Duffys legs.

got to be honest as someone who liked by Shane, he's looked gash today
Bad management. Duffy effectively shipped out by the Albion as he can't play an expansive role in a back 3. Neil Lennon signs him and switches Celtic's system to a back 3.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
He has now become a Hun in my view. I wish him all the best in his health issues and great service to the Albion though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
C.G.....We never should have sold him.

He’d been out for over a year and needed to play. Dunk & Duffy were solid in the championship so we had no reason to drop either for Goldson

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
He’d been out for over a year and needed to play. Dunk & Duffy were solid in the championship so we had no reason to drop either for Goldson

Whilst this is true, I still beileve it was a mistake to let him go. Difficult thing is . . . Would he be as good Now as say Webster ? SPL is championship level at best. . .

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Whilst this is true, I still beileve it was a mistake to let him go. Difficult thing is . . . Would he be as good Now as say Webster ? SPL is championship level at best. . .

If he had stayed his career would have nose dived. You can’t not play for 2 years and expect to go back into a decent level.

The club did the right thing for him

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Great photo on the BBC website today :lol:

IMG_20201018_110508.jpg

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
FFS he scores a couple in the noddy league and all of a sudden we’ve just let the next Maldini go :facepalm: did you see him against Chelsea looked like a rabbit caught in head lights.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

He was actually only out for half a season and was in our PL squad every week for the first PL season. You’re right that he wasn’t playing much though; I think he made no more than 2-3 starts in league games that year.

It was definitely the right decision for all parties to sell. Glad he’s doing well, but the SPL standard is mid-lower Championship, so no basis to suggest it was a mistake.

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020

Championship is of a much higher quality than the SPL. Rangers and Celtic only 2 teams that I would consider championship level. Says a lot that 2 centre backs who we deemed not good enough are probably the two best players in the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here