Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Conor Gallagher ?

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I think he could be a great addition. Energy and room for improvement/value , and would be hilarious if Chelsea then had to buy him back for insane fee in 2 years! I would be gutted if he ended up at Palace - for me thats a very scientific measure of whether I would welcome them here.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Poch wants to keep him apparently but Matt Law (who has plenty of Chelsea scoops) seems to think he'll be up for sale in January. I’d be happy for Brighton to offer £40m for him though I can’t see Boehly letting him go to Brighton for that, knowing that they’ve overpaid us at least £100m in recent times. I know not everyone here rates him, but I do.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Poch wants to keep him apparently but Matt Law (who has plenty of Chelsea scoops) seems to think he'll be up for sale in January. I’d be happy for Brighton to offer £40m for him though I can’t see Boehly letting him go to Brighton for that, knowing that they’ve overpaid us at least £100m in recent times. I know not everyone here rates him, but I do.
Have always thought CG would slot in to our side very well... Not sure how keen he would be after the abuse he got when sent off in last game recently though :LOL:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I would be most unhappy if the club thought he was worth 40 million or any amount near it. Runs around a lot, fouls, gets booked and repeat

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Can anyone here provide any defensive stats for Gallagher? I’ve just seen that he’s averaging nearly 7.5/10 this season which for a crap team is quite impressive. He’s definitely got physicality to his game. Disregarding the potential fee, would you feel more confident with CG in midfield or Dahoud? Different players I know, but likely deployed in the same position, a conundrum.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As.much as we despise Chelsea, the two clubs apparently have a good relationship. Boehly won't care where the money is from - if £40m is the going rate, that's what he'll take.

I remember him being excellent at Palace, so if RDZ wants him, I'd not be unhappy seeing him here. Plus OBVIOUSLY the Nigels would absolutely hate it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Good lord no.

As a friend of mine said “Lots of running and full blooded tackles, and not enough finesse. A red card waiting to happen in many games.”

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think he's a really good player and would be a real asset to a team like ours that needs a bit of muscle in the midfield sometimes.

Remember when England went down to 10 men in Naples defending a 2-1 lead? Southgate brought Gallagher on for the last 20-25 mins and he really helped England to see the game out with a reasonable amount of control.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I would be most unhappy if the club thought he was worth 40 million or any amount near it. Runs around a lot, fouls, gets booked and repeat
We’d not be paying £40m. Nowhere near.

He is better at shooting than any of our current midfielders but in terms of our passing game, I don’t think he is good enough.

He is also a midfielder fouler, not a midfield enforcer.

I’d take one of Chelsea’s 3 new midfield enforcers (Caicedo, Lavia or Ugochukwu) but not this particular player.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
A midfielder with a good engine who scores goals and the ensuing meltdown from Palace fans?

Not for me Clive :lolol:

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A midfielder with a good engine who scores goals and the ensuing meltdown from Palace fans?

Not for me Clive :lolol:
Does he? Unless Wikipedia is lying he has scored a grand total of 3 for Chelsea. The season at Palace seems to have been a bit of freak season for him in terms of goal scoring

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
This is the most “do not want” of all “do not wants”

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If Chelsea are in the FFP trap then the only way to get out of that hole is to generate more revenue or stop spending. It looks like stopping spending is not going to happen so and their revenue gamble was Europe, specifically CL, but it looks like they’ve fecked that already. The only other way is to sell players who cost nothing, so that’s the likes of Gallagher, Colwill, Jones, etc. So Gallagher being sold is actually a realistic option, but to us? I highly doubt it, I can’t see any party wanting that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here