Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Conor Gallagher ?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
If Chelsea are in the FFP trap then the only way to get out of that hole is to generate more revenue or stop spending. It looks like stopping spending is not going to happen so and their revenue gamble was Europe, specifically CL, but it looks like they’ve fecked that already. The only other way is to sell players who cost nothing, so that’s the likes of Gallagher, Colwill, Jones, etc. So Gallagher being sold is actually a realistic option, but to us? I highly doubt it, I can’t see any party wanting that.
Colwill you say.... worth another cheeky bid?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Can anyone here provide any defensive stats for Gallagher? I’ve just seen that he’s averaging nearly 7.5/10 this season which for a crap team is quite impressive. He’s definitely got physicality to his game. Disregarding the potential fee, would you feel more confident with CG in midfield or Dahoud? Different players I know, but likely deployed in the same position, a conundrum.

I'd like a combination of the 2. Dahoud's silk and poise with Gallagher's steel and energy.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
If we were going to sign Gallagher, the questions he has to answer are around the subtlety of passing and positional awareness to play in a RDZ side.

It's not something he's really shown so far but maybe RDZ feels like he can coach improvement into him. More likely this is a load of old tripe.

Chelsea are likely to be direct rivals for the next few years in my view, so we don't want to do anything which helps them out of a hole.

As for Colwill. Our chance has long gone. But I definitely see Liverpool making a bid which the Chelsea lawyers and accountants will suggest is a good idea to accept. But probably nobody will listen to them.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
He's someone I could see going to West Ham, Fulham (with the Palhinha money when he goes) or Newcastle rather than us.

Aside from the wages & probable lack of profit on an eventual sale, as others have already said, he doesn't seem to have the finesse/brains to fit in. He needs to have his head up thinking about where to pass before he receives or wins the ball, rather than head down, launching into tackles.

As much as we need more energy and steel in midfield, buying that in without the technical ability and (more importantly), footballing brain, just won't work IMO.

Forgetting wages/likelihood of coming to us for a second, I'd much prefer Kalvin Phillips

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Karma Chameleon

Connor Connor Connor Connor
Connor Gallagher
Watch your hair flow
Watch your hair flow

Football is easy when you're playing like a dream
De Zerbi's team
De Zerbi's team

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's someone I could see going to West Ham, Fulham (with the Palhinha money when he goes) or Newcastle rather than us.

Aside from the wages & probable lack of profit on an eventual sale, as others have already said, he doesn't seem to have the finesse/brains to fit in. He needs to have his head up thinking about where to pass before he receives or wins the ball, rather than head down, launching into tackles.

As much as we need more energy and steel in midfield, buying that in without the technical ability and (more importantly), footballing brain, just won't work IMO.

Forgetting wages/likelihood of coming to us for a second, I'd much prefer Kalvin Phillips
He has shown what he can do (when at Palace) and my take is he's not being coached properly at Chelsea.

Do I want him, though? Only if we take him (RDZ's call). This, based on the fact that the club knows more about recruitment than I do.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
He has shown what he can do (when at Palace) and my take is he's not being coached properly at Chelsea.

Do I want him, though? Only if we take him (RDZ's call). This, based on the fact that the club knows more about recruitment than I do.
Fitting in well with the cloggers up the road isn't necessarily the best audition for RdZ's silky free-form jazz project.

I fully agree with your second point though.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I'd take him in a heartbeat.

The sort of signig that underwhelms everyone but then he turns out to be incredible.

Performed well in a average palace team and looks decent in an underperfoming Chelsea team

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Would you want to come here after a tirade of palace scum..........

Personally think there is a better player there than is currently on show ...

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
I would love to see him come.. a recent England international, made Chelsea Captain and would give us huge lift in additional resources, energy and increases our depth albeit, right now, not dramatically increasing our quality beyond what we have ; Gilmour as good, but right now, better than Baleba ? (appreciating the different types of player they might be )
He wont come here though.. just can't see Chelsea selling and us being able to afford him, regardless of whether he wants to or not! we also have higher priority positions to fill and Baleba/Gilmour/Hinshelwood/Moran are the mid-term bets for us.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Karma Chameleon

Connor Connor Connor Connor
Connor Gallagher
Watch your hair flow
Watch your hair flow

Football is easy when you're playing like a dream
De Zerbi's team
De Zerbi's team
I mean that's outstanding.

It needs to be turned into a chant for someone by Thursday.

Evan Ferguson, you score us goals

Igor Julio you save us goals/you brick shithouse.

Kaoru Mitoma you dribble good.

I don't know I'm not the wordsmith but this is a song/tune BEGGING to be sung!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Poch wants to keep him apparently but Matt Law (who has plenty of Chelsea scoops) seems to think he'll be up for sale in January.

Is Matt Law taking over as manager from Poch then?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here