Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Congressional hearing on UFOs

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Genuine question and it’s one I’ve always felt like raising is, why would such news bring questions to their belief?
I shall not even listen to them
Agree totally with this. FTL travel is almost certainty impossible without turning said travellers in to mince meat.....there certainly are other intelligences out there, the chances of two being within travelling distance, hugely unlikely.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Agree totally with this. FTL travel is almost certainty impossible without turning said travellers in to mince meat.....there certainly are other intelligences out there, the chances of two being within travelling distance, hugely unlikely.
And they’re cutting more bus routes round here.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Intelligent life out there ? They didn’t find any in Croydon did they ?

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I want to believe that ET exists, but what I can't understand is that they live thousands of light years away, arrive using technology we can only dream about, and then lots of them seem to crash!
Seems like a design fault somewhere.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I want to believe that ET exists, but what I can't understand is that they live thousands of light years away, arrive using technology we can only dream about, and then lots of them seem to crash!
Seems like a design fault somewhere.
There is a theory that they come to obviously see how we are doing and possibly gently mutate us through DNA and also for fee energy that earth gives off (Nikola Tesla was working on this and was very close before he "died").

Gravity is something a lot of plants do not have, possibly, if we are being visited on a regular basis as some suggest, there is bound to be the odd crash.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Tony Bloom has asked if your mate knows any promising young footballers on his planet. He says he's got Earth sorted, but would like to expand horizontally into other worlds and corner the alien market.
Unfortunately due to the differing atmosphere they would have to wear a helmet and Paul Barber would refuse to let us sign any player with a lid

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
You people are beyond belief ,

We cant travel that fast "ie" no other bugger can .
We are the superior species , and nothing outside our solar system /exists / is reachable /and nothing can get here .

Not only do they exist they live here , travel at will , at speeds we cant .

How hard it is for you to understand we are NOT at the top of the food chain , we are thousands of years behind , and our governments have known this for years ,

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

We are the superior species , and nothing outside our solar system /exists / is reachable /and nothing can get here .

How hard it is for you to understand we are NOT at the top of the food chain , we are thousands of years behind , and our governments have known this for years ,
IMG_0227.jpeg

FFS! Stop giving away all our secrets. I have to go to Blargon 5 for a Bar Mitzvah but I’ll be back.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne

Travelling faster than light is impossible as it is the speed limit of the universe. Light has no mass, that is why it can travel at such speeds.

However, space is not 3 dimensional. There are other ways of moving through it, or even moving space. There are multiple hypothesis that state its possible to bend space, similar to how time can be bent.

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
Travelling faster than light is impossible as it is the speed limit of the universe. Light has no mass, that is why it can travel at such speeds.

However, space is not 3 dimensional. There are other ways of moving through it, or even moving space. There are multiple hypothesis that state its possible to bend space, similar to how time can be bent.
There is a belief that we have basically got our maths wrong , that the physics we hold as our cornerstone is inaccurate , if so then everything we have been looking at is also wrong . We are so absolutely convinced of our infallibility that we stand by the same inaccuracies time and time again , without realising we are always starting from the wrong point .

There are so many instances of this , yet we keep making the same mistakes .

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

Not as bent as Stuart Attwell.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

What speed do two photons travelling in opposite directions pass, relative to each other? I honestly don't know the answer to this question?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
What speed do two photons travelling in opposite directions pass, relative to each other? I honestly don't know the answer to this question?
If they are for arguments sake travelling at the speed of light, and heading directly towards each other, the speed at which they are closing in on each other would be twice the speed of light, however neither photon is travelling faster than the speed of light.

The twice the speed of light calculation would be based upon the distance being covered relative to each other, as they close in on each other, but neither will be going twice the speed of light, or even above the speed of light.

Think of oit this way, if two cars travelling at 70mph from opposite directions were heading from opposite directions towards each other, you wouldn't think that either of the cars were travelling at 140mph, but the distance they were closing towards each other would be.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

A good number of reports of UAP sightings imply that craft must be bending or manipulating space time somehow. Unconventional propulsion or movement is normally reported as is ‘disappearing’. If they are here, they’ve not been in a spacecraft for 1/2 million years close to the speed of light rewatching old series of Friends to pass the time.

Quantum entanglement tells us that two separate subatomic particles can be intimately linked even if they are billions of light years apart. There is a connection, there is a route.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Think of oit this way, if two cars travelling at 70mph from opposite directions were heading from opposite directions towards each other, you wouldn't think that either of the cars were travelling at 140mph, but the distance they were closing towards each other would be.
To tie this analogy back into speed of light chat, the light from their headlights would be travelling at the speed of light, regardless of how fast the cars were travelling.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here