Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Congressional hearing on UFOs

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Agree totally with this. FTL travel is almost certainty impossible without turning said travellers in to mince meat.....there certainly are other intelligences out there, the chances of two being within travelling distance, hugely unlikely.
Only within the limits imposed by our current technologies and understanding of science. A paper came out recently claiming that the Universe is double the age we’d had assumed. Science changes the boundaries of our understanding all the time. What we do know now is that our little planet is fairly unique. There is radio silence out there. That clearly makes us very interesting to any advanced civilisations in the Universe.

But I get your point. If they have travelled here, they’ve not done it via the conventional spacetime route. The accounts of the UAP suggest that also.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
I often wonder how religious groups would react. If we're made in God's image and then all of a sudden some enormous bug looking aliens show up...who's image are they made in?
They are demons.
It's a massive psy-op.
The aliens (demons) are going to be used to explain away why all the Christians have disappeared when the rapture happens.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Given the distances involved, isn't interstellar travel essentially impossible? So unless the aliens come from within our own solar system (which is unlikely) then the chances are there are no "vehicles" or the like.

Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely convinced that somewhere out in the universe there is indeed another race of intelligent beings. The universe is simply too vast and with too many planets, suns and galaxies for Earth to be alone in this regard. However, I don't believe we will ever find evidence of them.
I have been watching the new Chris Packham series on life on earth. The time scales for evolution are staggering. Hundreds of millions of years with f*** all happening. Then all sorts of fortuitous geological and astronomical events necessary. It has taken most of the timespan of the universe for a specie to evolve that could form a committee, use a mobile phone and deodorant, and not simply f*** and kill everything it finds. When you consider the time involved, and how long it would take to get around in the universe if you had the wherewithal and inclination to build a space craft, I think you are spot on. There is a high chance other life forms exist, and no chance whatsoever our meeting them for another several billion years.
silents.gif

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
It has taken most of the timespan of the universe for a specie to evolve that could form a committee, use a mobile phone and deodorant, and not simply f*** and kill everything it finds.
I think you'll find the universe is still waiting for that to happen.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yeah that's also entirely plausible. We're certainly closer to self-annihilation than reaching warp 9.9
Quite. If there are other life forms out there, they probably look at us, laugh, and give us a wide berth.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Very interesting hearing. Other than the NewsNation article, is there anything else that has been published about David Grusch's claims?
Just one observation as an aside, when David Grusch gets more animated he sounds rather like Jello Biafra :)

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
There's something about Grusch that makes me question his testimony. I can't explain it any better than that.

I don't get the same feeling about Graves or Fravor, who I instinctively believe.

This is just a 'gut' feeling.

I have no agenda to push.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
But Alien inteligence could be hundreds of thousands of years ahead of us, acheiving things we couldn't even begin to contemplate.
Well yes, they'd have to have set out thousands of years ago to get here!

Speed of light still trumps all the other cards.

Last edited:

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Aliens built the pyramids - fact.

Not big green aliens as films suggest but a more intelligent being than ourselves.

Personally I’ve always thought there is other life out there somewhere, probability tells you there simply has to be really… just not as aliens are perceived to be in films and other nonsense.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Only within the limits imposed by our current technologies and understanding of science. A paper came out recently claiming that the Universe is double the age we’d had assumed. Science changes the boundaries of our understanding all the time. What we do know now is that our little planet is fairly unique. There is radio silence out there. That clearly makes us very interesting to any advanced civilisations in the Universe.

But I get your point. If they have travelled here, they’ve not done it via the conventional spacetime route. The accounts of the UAP suggest that also.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Well yes, they'd have to have set out thousands of years ago to ge here!

Speed of light still trumps all the other cards.
800 million years.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Aliens built the pyramids - fact.

Not big green aliens as films suggest but a more intelligent being than ourselves.

Personally I’ve always thought there is other life out there somewhere, probability tells you there simply has to be really… just not as aliens are perceived to be in films and other nonsense.
You are an Alien. Fact.

My money is on Belgian.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Who the heck is Albert Stubblebine? Brilliant name.
Read “The Men Who Stare at Goats”. And I mean read it, don’t watch the film.

But, short version, he developed psychic warfare, hoping to have soldiers who could walk through walls and is a 9/11 denier.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Read “The Men Who Stare at Goats”. And I mean read it, don’t watch the film.

But, short version, he developed psychic warfare, hoping to have soldiers who could walk through walls and is a 9/11 denier.
Ah yeah, he sounds a bit kooky.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
There's something about Grusch that makes me question his testimony. I can't explain it any better than that.

I don't get the same feeling about Graves or Fravor, who I instinctively believe.

This is just a 'gut' feeling.

I have no agenda to push.
I've read other people saying he's the one that brings the whole things credibility into question.

And I wonder if that's because, of the three, he's the one alleging the more 'out there' stuff: alien craft retrieval, alien body retrieval, government coverups, conspiracies and so on.

Whereas the other two have basically said they've seen shit they can't explain and it needs investigating.

No secret that I believe him. Bloke hasn't got anything to gain beyond maybe a book deal and a whole lot of people calling him a nutbag (not saying that's what you're doing, but others will be)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here