Congratulations to the club for a superb day

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
A truly, truly breathtaking experience. I can't recall many better days in my life. Well done to all at the club for making the day so special.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Couldn't sleep last night as still buzzing after a truly amazing day. The flags being waved and singing en masse just blew me away...it looked and sounded absolutely awesome!

Buckley was different class when he came on (thanks, Will) & is already an Albion legend for those 2 brilliant goals. And I don't think I've ever seen anyone work as hard as CMS. What a player!

All in all, a perfect day. And certainly has laid a lot of ghosts to rest for me. The future's bright, the future's blue and white.

Thankyou Albion.

PS. I love you.

Magicman

Jul 19, 2011
Elm Grove
What a fantastic day , the pure emotion of it all was overwhelming.
Gotta agree that CMS 's workrate was top drawer , and to snatch the win at at the end ..............YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS !!!:bounce:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I think Noone summed it up best in his interview on club site

"It was brilliant playing in front of over 20,000 people who were making lots of noise. We all work very closely together at this club, the fans and players are in it together. It feels like our home already."

DaveTurner

Jul 17, 2011
thinking this myself.38 years a albion fan never thought i could put the goldstone to bed :albion2: I JUST HAVE:albion2

RIP THE GOLDSTONE

Well said!! I feel the same. I stood in the North concourse after the game thinking of the Goldstone West stand refreshment kiosk . . .

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
The pre match big screen stuff was well done and the music really got the crowd going. When the player walk ups get functioning they too will good (the bit we saw pre the glitch looked fab). Interesting that o Driscoll deliberately kept his team in their dressing room for 2 mins longer to try and kill the atmosphere that was building up. Didn't work mind you.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Sorry but I had a crap day at our flat-pack soul-less stadium.

Hope that doesn't need a smiley...

I've been following The Albion for over 50 years and August 6, 2011 was easily the best day ever to be an Albion fan-nothing can beat what we all felt yesterday.

And to everybody who said that giving everybody a flag to wave would make us look small time-what do you say now? That was an amazing sight as we walked up the steps to take our seats in The East Stand. To see 12,000 blue and white flags waving like that, plus the noise, was simply breath-taking. Dick Knight, when the plans were revealed all those years ago, said that our new stadium would have the WOW! affect. It went beyond that for me.

I know that there were a load of young kids there for their first ever Albion game. Fans for life were created yesterday. Fantastic effort by everybody at the club to make it a perfect day and an equally fantastic response by us fans too.

Thanks to everybody at the club and to all Albion fans who helped make it all such an amazing day.

mutton43

Jan 21, 2011
Eastbourne
The day was amazing.The club got everything just right,from the text message from the club through to the flags,music etc.Well done The Albion

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The atmosphere inthe stadium was wonderful - not been to any away ground that comes close. Only real problem was getting out of the car park where I was stuck for an hour

What an amazing experience.

Great to get at atmosphere going! Everything the club did was superb, including the flags, the big screens, the post match drinking etc. My ONLY gripe is the massive group of people in WSU Block H who sat in silence for most of the second half and didn't join in on any of our songs/chants. A handful of young lads joined in across the aisle but the majority didn't. They all stood up and sung we scored but didn't seem interested in getting any atmosphere going before that.

But otherwise had a great day, stayed until we got shepherded out of WSU concourse after 6:30, then joined the North stand and stayed until the end. Went into Brighton and continued the party in a couple of pubs. We then had a very silly time walking the streets of Brighton with our flags and getting random strangers to pose with us for photos. Must have approached well over 100 people to join us and everyone was really good natured and pleased to join in our celebrations. From students to middle aged couples, from tramps to policemen, from shop owners to waitresses.

Very amusing, and kept us entertained well into the early hours, lots of laughing and not one bit of aggro. Despite our quest for increasingly ridiculous photos.

Thank you Brighton!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
14 years of waiting....and wow.

I went to both Spurs and the SSC but, as good as they were, yesterday blew both of them out of the water. I managed to get into Dick's not long after it opened and had a very civilised and comfortable chat and some drinks with friends, sat in the WSL with a fantastic view and atmosphere (although it went a wee bit flat after they scored) and the noise and emotion everywhere when Buckley scored the winner....I won't be forgetting that in a hurry.

Brilliant, brilliant day all round.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Absolute perfection.
Everything was perfect.
P E R F E C T!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports