Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to the club for a superb day

DT Withdean

Mar 5, 2011
Catering is a victim of its own success. Big queues in the concourses.

The club would have built-in plenty of counters & tills, based on other clubs stats.

They didn't bank on Sussex people being such spenders, drinker & eaters!!!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The other thing that impressed me today was Richard Reynolds. Havent liked him before but really seems to be settling well into the role now.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Catering is a victim of its own success. Big queues in the concourses.

The club would have built-in plenty of counters & tills, based on other clubs stats.

They didn't bank on Sussex people being such spenders, drinker & eaters!!!

People are tending to just join the longest queue at the moment. Shorter queues at the Pie and Pint windows. And under the Harveys umbrellas. It will settle down.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Had a great day - took my old man (72) as a treat and also booked in to the east stand Brasserie for a pre-match meal. Food was great - being able to have agood meal whilst watching footy focus and some of the Wimbledon game. Match was slow to get going but the second half was more like it. The flags were amazing - you had to be in the middle of it to appreciate it, and obviously the result. Well done all !

Jerryatric

NSC Patron
Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
It was the sort of day you want to tell your grandchildren about. My son, son-in-law and 3 of my grandsons were with me. They can tell their grandchildren.

Absolutely wonderful!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Incredible day. Thanks to everyone involved in planning that.

I hope - and believe - that every new, young fan that came today will be hooked for life. We know that it won't always be like that but my god, what an atmosphere. It could not have been more different to the utter shit we had to deal with at withdean - and which put my son of footie for a very long time.

A new generation of Albion fans was born today at The Amex.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A great day, one to be remembered but 2 minor complaints, I sit in West Stand Lower and thought the sound from the announcer was distorted and not very clear so couldn't make out what he was saying and also the idiots in the row in front of Row U who kept standing up to sing pointless songs. like if you all hate Palace stand up and
West Stand Brighton Boys. I dont give 2 hoots about Palace and I know they are in the West Stand.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
What a day!!! Thats what dreams are made of?!
- The 10 minute music montage before was good.
- Flags on the seats was a nice gesture.
- Stewards very different to the Jobsworth of Withdean.
- Pie & Pint Deal. Awesome!
- The Pre-Match line up on Seagullls TV...Sky Sports quality!
- William Buckley. Thank you for making it such an enjoyable/poetic end to the game.
- North Stand Concourse. Everybody singing songs well after the game. Belotti Bonfire song was sang a few times!
- Trains after the game. A Brighton train every 10 minutes.
To top the afternoon off, I shock Tony Blooms hand outside the West Stand and Thanked him for the stadium. What a legend?!
Great day out at The AMEX.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
It was awesome. Was right at the end of the East stand, but could see well, the acoustics were great, amazing quality progamme, the match ended on a high. In fact I couldn't really focus on the game because I kept looking round the ground. But, not enough loos in the east and they have to seriously work on their service in the refreshments, embarrassingly slow.

Loved it and can't wait to go back

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
A great day, one to be remembered but 2 minor complaints, I sit in West Stand Lower and thought the sound from the announcer was distorted and not very clear so couldn't make out what he was saying

I was rows away from you then and I could hear it perfectly - you might want to go and get your hearing checked out !

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
14 years in the making... and it delivered. One of the best days of my life.

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
Here here absolutely superb day. Everything about it the pie and pint before the game, the flags, the video and music montage, the excellently sung Sussex by the Sea as the players came out, the atmosphere throughout, of course the two great goals by Buckely, the Harveys afterwards and the easy journey back. Superb day to everyone

Well done BHAFC!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I was rows away from you then and I could hear it perfectly - you might want to go and get your hearing checked out !

I was sat in the West Stand Lower nearest the away fans and asked others around me if it was distorted and the general view was that it was due to being too loud. I even tried turning down my hearing aids but that didn't work. However that didnt spoil my day, if anything did it was people standing every few seconds but I suppose we will get used to it and do the same. Somebody did say the view at Withdean was better because of that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here