Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to the club for a superb day

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I was sat in the West Stand Lower nearest the away fans and asked others around me if it was distorted and the general view was that it was due to being too loud. I even tried turning down my hearing aids but that didn't work. However that didnt spoil my day, if anything did it was people standing every few seconds but I suppose we will get used to it and do the same. Somebody did say the view at Withdean was better because of that

Sounds like exactly where we were but I didn't notice any problem with it.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
f***ing quality day. I could nit pick about the lack of arse wipers in the bogs or no gloryholes, but that's my businessand the rest of it was amazing. Sussex by the sea, we're f***ing brilliant, rock on, lovevit.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Loads of videos on youtube. Far too many to post, but has anyone actually got any of the goals?

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
i'm the kind of person that likes to pick holes, but there were none... apart from my own. Well done to everyone involved, a truly great day that I will remember forever.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I echo the sentiment in the thread title.

Thanks for a truly memorable and all round superb day :clap2:

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Was very lucky enough to go today, having been offered a ticket. Was a very good experience, pretty good game and a very nice to see Brighton back in a proper stadium. Someone does need to tell the stewards not to block the top of the stairs at full time. The one on my exit took up nearly half the stairs making it slower to get out. Only a tiny thing though really.

Travel was pretty good apart from the jobsworth copper making people go out and back in to the station. Didn't get why it was safer that way?

Byrne & Small

Oct 25, 2010
Burgess hill
Today was amazing, Nothing could have spoilt it for me, considering where we have come from. Not even fans singing about hating Palace or that they are in the West Stand. The more they do the better, it all adds to the atmosphere, but you cant please everyone apparently!!

It was everything i had ever dreamed of and more, and can't wait for Tuesday now, altho it is my 2yr anniversary, Am currently working on the brownie points to cushion the flack i'm going to receive. Oh and Sat i'm at Portsmouth love......and then.......and then Bristol city...etc !!! :wave:

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It was magnificent. For me, "Praise You" has already become the song that must be played after a win. With everyone clapping in time, would sound superb.

Likewise, now that SBTS sounds so brilliant over the speakers, we really should all learn the words. It's loud enough that everyone could sing at the right speed, no trouble.

Just got to keep making it that good. The club have clearly done their bit... Down to us now to keep it up.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To be honest, it's all about the game for me and I found the concourses far too packed for my liking. Well that's just me.

Luckily I think I've got one of the best seats in the house. Always liked the view looking across a penalty area and we're in the front row on upper west.

Didn't even jump up for the second goal, just sat back in my padded seat and smiled knowing that my view will never be obscured.

I thought I'd earned the right after getting soaked in the south stand for so many years.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Greatest day of my life to date. Flags, montage video, atmosphere, SBTS, those half-time nerves cured by the equaliser and then the absolute delirium when Buckley got the winner, crowding down the front to celebrate with the players with only the stewards holding us back. I will never forget this day. I love you Albion.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
It was magnificent. For me, "Praise You" has already become the song that must be played after a win. With everyone clapping in time, would sound superb.

Likewise, now that SBTS sounds so brilliant over the speakers, we really should all learn the words. It's loud enough that everyone could sing at the right speed, no trouble.

Definitely.

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
For so many reasons in over 35 years of watching this great club of ours that was THE single most exciting, entertaining, emotional and best Albion match ever, by a long long way. I was at times speechless and almost in shock at the complete perfection of today. I am still stunned and will treasure todays memories of being able to take my two young sons to this game forever. Brilliant simply brilliant.

Echo this entirely...... Cup Final, Play Offs, etc, just everything about our club is that we don't do it the easy way. But today for me simply has to go down as the best ever. Even my Dad has told me this in his own way from above

leforge

Jan 20, 2009
Echo this entirely...... Cup Final, Play Offs, etc, just everything about our club is that we don't do it the easy way. But today for me simply has to go down as the best ever. Even my Dad has told me this in his own way from above

I was only 7 at Wembley cup final but today was amazing!

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
What a thoughtful stadium the Amex is. I liked the local touches on the walls of the concourse, the artwork, poetry etc. It all feels almost too grand for little ol' us. The pre-match screen action was tremendous, the screens in the concourse are superb (plus train timetables at the end? Genius!), the programme is a nice mixture of stuff for the youngsters (though why Noone had to be asked for his FAVE this or that I don't know) and good articles for the rest of us (a lovely little hint from Dicker of how popular Murray seemed to be in the squad), professional and courteous stewarding.... it really has been worth the wait.

There has to be a couple of moans - the post-match beer service was stoney-faced - shame. The burgers are ridiculous though - I know MacD's adverts plump up their products a bit to make them more appealing, but to expect one with just a scrap of lettuce and a bit of tomato, for £2.50... too much to ask?

Plus, why do some fans nick stuff from each other? At the playoff final in 1991 it was my programme, pinched from under my seat, today it was the flag, even though it was rolled up and tidied away by my bag. Boo hiss.

SEAGUUUULLLLLLS

Jimbo.GRFC

Banned
Apr 2, 2010
What a thoughtful stadium the Amex is. I liked the local touches on the walls of the concourse, the artwork, poetry etc. It all feels almost too grand for little ol' us. The pre-match screen action was tremendous, the screens in the concourse are superb (plus train timetables at the end? Genius!), the programme is a nice mixture of stuff for the youngsters (though why Noone had to be asked for his FAVE this or that I don't know) and good articles for the rest of us (a lovely little hint from Dicker of how popular Murray seemed to be in the squad), professional and courteous stewarding.... it really has been worth the wait.

There has to be a couple of moans - the post-match beer service was stoney-faced - shame. The burgers are ridiculous though - I know MacD's adverts plump up their products a bit to make them more appealing, but to expect one with just a scrap of lettuce and a bit of tomato, for £2.50... too much to ask?

Plus, why do some fans nick stuff from each other? At the playoff final in 1991 it was my programme, pinched from under my seat, today it was the flag, even though it was rolled up and tidied away by my bag. Boo hiss.

SEAGUUUULLLLLLS

One of your comments really stood out to me, that of the stewards. They were both helpful and smiling. I salute you all for your efforts it makes the match day experience so much more enjoyable !

IndependentWSU

May 24, 2011
Amazing day, Amazing stadium. My gripe, only very minor, but its still so so dusty everywhere

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010

thinking this myself.38 years a albion fan never thought i could put the goldstone to bed :albion2: I JUST HAVE:albion2

RIP THE GOLDSTONE

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Best day ever watching Albion, for so many reasons. Just perfect

100% this..... It's the morning after and I'm still on a high... Magic, magic and magic. Well done to one and all Albion fans for the atmosphere created. Saturday 6th August will stay with me forever.

Just brilliant, thanks

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here