Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Congratulations to AFC Bournemouth on securing promotion to the Premier League

Paskman

Not a user
May 9, 2008
Chiddingly, United Kingdom
Well that's another two Albion 'rejects' /sold players in the Premiership.

Elphick and Cook (B'muff)
Vokes and Barnes (Burnley)
Bridcutt and Buckley (Slumberland)
Ulloa (Leicester)
Murray (Palarse)

Feel free to add

I am sure Bournemouth will sign Ulloa, Barnes and Vokes when Leicester and Burnley go down.........not that will hurt us Btn fans........

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Well that's another two Albion 'rejects' /sold players in the Premiership.

Elphick and Cook (B'muff)
Vokes and Barnes (Burnley)
Bridcutt and Buckley (Slumberland)
Ulloa (Leicester)
Murray (Palarse)

Feel free to add

Nice job conveniently leaving out the majority of our ex players from the last few years who are either now in League one or two :thumbsup:

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
You're right. Team spirit counts for a lot, when everyone is pulling in the same direction. On the field and off the field.

Totally this.

Albion this season remind me of remarks made about QPR when they last got relegated from the Prem...something along the lines of...

no team spirit, players blaming others for their mistakes (Greer springs to mind), only in it for themselves (Best)...not the best way forward (all the strikers in our case).

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It's not over yet. Middlesbrough need 19 goals against us this Saturday, and Charlton Athletic to do them a favour. Not over yet.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
How many of that team will start the first game in January 2016. no more than 5 I wouldnt think.

What point are you making BG ? Of course they will strengthen. Why January anyway. Do you think they will wait till that transfer window.....I don't understand.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
They've got quality and pace in every department and have youth on their side. This team is Bmouths equivalent of the Busby Babes and are probably the best of recent promoted sides to go up. Fully deserved and have been the highlight of the 2014-15 season.

Funny that you should write that. In the 1956-57 season, Bournemouth and Boscombe (as they were then known) beat Billy Wright's Wolves and Danny Blanchflower's Spurs in the FA Cup before losing narrowly 2-1 to the Busby Babes in the Quarter-Final. Arguably Bournemouth's greatest moment...before this evening.

A special night for my father who introduced me to football and the Albion. He'll be turning 80 this year and grew up watching Bournemouth at Dean Court. He frequently mentioned watching that great Cup run which he saw unfold as a 20 year old. Halcyon days for them.

Just as many of us have special memories of the 1978-1979 season or the 1983 Cup run, this will mean just as much to lifelong supporters of Bournemouth.

It would be churlish and small-minded of any genuine supporter of the beautiful game, let alone those of the Albion, to dismiss their moment in the sun. As most of us love attacking football, it would've been harsh for the Championship's top scorers to have missed out. One would hope that parochial bragging rights on the South Coast can be set aside for one evening at least.

As much as I'm looking forward to seeing the Albion in the top flight again, it'll be refreshing to see a decent footballing team like Bournemouth mix it with the established Premiership sides. It should give hope to every other team that lives in the shadows of geographically closer and historically more-successful neighbours that they can do the same.

Last edited:

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Correct, I think you'll find both Elphick and Cook were both League one players with Bournemouth but are now promoted to Premiership

Yes they did play in L1 but you're still forgetting the vast majority of our "cast offs" actually aren't doing as well as the "all our ex players are going on to the PL because our management team are useless" brigade admit.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
_82607608_bournemouth.jpg

Oh dear!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Funny that you should write that. In the 1956-57 season, Bournemouth and Boscombe (as they were then known) beat Billy Wright's Wolves and Danny Blanchflower's Spurs in the FA Cup before losing narrowly 2-1 to the Busby Babes in the Quarter-Final. Arguably Bournemouth's greatest moment...before this evening.

A special night for my father who introduced me to football and the Albion. He'll be turning 80 this year and grew up watching Bournemouth at Dean Court. He frequently mentioned watching that great Cup run which he saw unfold as a 20 year old. Halcyon days for them.

Just as many of us have special memories of the 1978-1979 season or the 1983 Cup run, this will mean just as much to lifelong supporters of Bournemouth.

It would be churlish and small-minded of any genuine supporter of the beautiful game, let alone those of the Albion, to dismiss their moment in the sun. As most of us love attacking football, it would've been harsh if the Championship's top scorers to have missed out. One would hope that parochial bragging rights on the South Coast can be set aside for one evening at least.

As much as I'm looking forward to seeing the Albion in the top flight again, it'll be refreshing to see a decent footballing team like Bournemouth mix it with the established Premiership sides. It should give hope to every other team that lives in the shadows of geographically closer and historically more-successful neighbours that they can do the same.

Yep a historical moment and football is the winner tonight. I can see them tearing up the Prem next season. The whole squad is of the perfect age and reaching their peak at the same time, which is key to their current and future success.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Apparently Arry is making a rapid recovery and needs a job

SteveTheSeagull

I AM A CRIPPLED ALICE FAN
Feb 14, 2015
Screw Bournemouth. Didn't like them in League 1 and don't like them now.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Congrats to Bumuff, i think our club should learn alot from them

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
1. The main point of my post is that with it being very much a 4 horse race still, the pundits and bookies having cemented AFCB into the Premier League already genuinely surprised me. Yes, on form they should now complete the job but this is the Championship - crazy stuff happens nearly every week. Nerves will become a factor too, for all clubs up there, with the finishing line in sight and the stakes so high.

And - no offence to Bozza, my point is generic - that in a nutshell is why bookies find football betting so profitable.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sunderland will be pleased to get the on their fixture list next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here