Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
would loan signings like owen still sound stupid ???

Thats the thing with signing a player of Vicentes magntude, regardless of how good he is or isn't, other players will want to come to us even more with that calibre of player here.

We are no longer a noddy, basket case...... we are an exciting, ambitious, flair team with top players (almost sounds surreal)

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I had two tickets for next friday for Alton Towers, just put them up for sale as I'm gonna use the money to go to Bristol :D

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
WTF! I haven't commented on this story yet because I couldn't believe it. Maybe now my workmates will begin to understand when I talk about our potential.

Mestalla

Aug 31, 2011
Valencia
So... at the risk of asking a dumb question - why is he here?

As I explained here yesterday morning, he had a hard time in Valencia the last 3 seasons, not playing regularly due to a bad personal relationship with coach Unai Emery and adding the previous one that was storming as well (Quique Sánchez Flores fired and Koeman disasters). Right now the most important thing for him is to play regularly at the starting 11 every week and I can see why Brighton is a better option for him that Premier clubs like Everton, Blackburn, Fulham, etc. There or in a bigger club, he probably wouldn't have the chance to play regularly as starter and for what I have read here, Gustavo's style of play can suit him more. And the fact that the manager, the assistant coach and players can speak Spanish can be too one of the reasons (he is a very introverted person and arriving to a club where he can't speak with anybody can affect negatively his adaptation). And his only option was England (he loves football, and he has followed the Premier League since childhood, with Giggs being one of his most admired footballers).

A quiet place, far from the spotlight and the pressure, a manager who has confidence in him, surrounded by Spanish speakers, good style of play, a side that can get promotion to the Premier next year...overall, a place where he can play regularly everyweek and he can regain confidence and feel like a footballer again after many bad years.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Apologies if fixtures, but for anyone in doubt of how classier a player we've signed, here's a selected list of past Premio Don Balón (La Liga Spanish Player Of The Year) award winners:

2001–02 Raúl
2002–03 Xabi Alonso
2003–04 VICENTE
2004–05 Xavi
2005–06 David Villa

Not bad company, is it?

Granted, he won it years ago, but still! If he can stay fit, we may have just made an absolutely incruyable signing.

Whatever happens, Vicente's experience will be invaluable to the younger midfield and attacking players such as Noone, KLL, Buckley, Barnes and of course, all those in the development squad.

Well done Mssrs Poyet and Bloom - you're f***ing brilliant :bowdown:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
So why wasn't he here at the start of the season then Gus? I'm not impressed at all.

Much!

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
As I explained here yesterday morning, he had a hard time in Valencia the last 3 seasons, not playing regularly due to a bad personal relationship with coach Unai Emery and adding the previous one that was storming as well (Quique Sánchez Flores fired and Koeman disasters). Right now the most important thing for him is to play regularly at the starting 11 every week and I can see why Brighton is a better option for him that Premier clubs like Everton, Blackburn, Fulham, etc. There or in a bigger club, he probably wouldn't have the chance to play regularly as starter and for what I have read here, Gustavo's style of play can suit him more. And the fact that the manager, the assistant coach and players can speak Spanish can be too one of the reasons (he is a very introverted person and arriving to a club where he can't speak with anybody can affect negatively his adaptation). And his only option was England (he loves football, and he has followed the Premier League since childhood, with Giggs being one of his most admired footballers).

A quiet place, far from the spotlight and the pressure, a manager who has confidence in him, surrounded by Spanish speakers, good style of play, a side that can get promotion to the Premier next year...overall, a place where he can play regularly everyweek and he can regain confidence and feel like a footballer again after many bad years.

hmmmm your not vicente or his agent are you??? seem to know his life story !!!

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
And the fact that the manager, the assistant coach and players can speak Spanish can be too one of the reasons (he is a very introverted person and arriving to a club where he can't speak with anybody can affect negatively his adaptation). .

He clearly didn't meet Charlie Oatway as part of the negotiations then:eek:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Get down the bookies now and back us to go up......who now thinks that Gus/Bloom would be happy with a season of stability in the championship????.....Said all along Bloom wants a seat at the top table with the big boys and he wants it asap.....41 cup finals to go, win 26 of them and it will be the likes of Liverpool week in week out and whats even better is that with Gus/Bloom at the club, we will compete with them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports