Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Everytime [MENTION=21268]Mestalla[/MENTION] posts in this thread, I feel more confident that the injuries won't be a big issue and he'll get his form back and being the greatest player we've ever had and the best in the division

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I remember getting a txt froma mate of mine saying that Calderon had signed last summer and had a smile from ear to ear. When I heard late at night that we were signing CMS I simply could not belive it(well I could but you now what I mean)...Now this,,,f*** a duck!!!!!!.....What next, promotion to the Prem and sign Kaka next summer?.....You wouldnt rule it out,,,,,well ok you would, lol.............wouldn't you?????????????????????????????

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Gus keeps telling us to keep calm and not get too carried away, bless him.

And then he goes and does something like this.

Sorry, Gus, but I feel like a kid in a sweet shop right now!!!

:O:O:cheery::cheery::cheery::goal::goal::goal::O:O:O:clap2::clap2::clap2::rave::rave::rave::albion2::albion2::albion2::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Oh.....no...............now a lot of wee has come out.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Love it that we are headline news on websites around THE WORLD!!!

Voormalig international Vicente naar Brighton - VoetbalPrimeur.be

Translation from Google Translate:

Former international Vicente to Brighton

Brighton & Hove Albion completed a remarkable transfer on Friday. Vicente Rodriguez (30) signed a one-year contract with the club in the Championship.

The former Spanish international, who has 38 caps to his name stand, departed this summer in Valencia. His contract with the club has played since 2000 was not renewed. Gus Poyet, former Chelsea player and now coach of Brighton, brought on Vicente for choosing the Championship.

"Vicente is a special player we wanted. He has tremendous qualities and can be in various positions of the feet. He has always been of interest from top clubs across Europe. It is a tremendous accomplishment for him to get to Brighton" , Poyet said Friday.

"He takes a lot of experience with it. Over the last ten years, he played at the highest level with Valencia, he played well in the Champions League, UEFA Cup and the Spanish national team. The supporters will be very proud of him in the shirt of Brighton to see. "

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I wonder if he can take a free kick, Vicente and Harley standing over the ball will have keepers shitting themselves.....and can he take a pen?..and corners?....

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Translation from Google Translate:

Former international Vicente to Brighton

Brighton & Hove Albion completed a remarkable transfer on Friday. Vicente Rodriguez (30) signed a one-year contract with the club in the Championship.

The former Spanish international, who has 38 caps to his name stand, departed this summer in Valencia. His contract with the club has played since 2000 was not renewed. Gus Poyet, former Chelsea player and now coach of Brighton, brought on Vicente for choosing the Championship.

"Vicente is a special player we wanted. He has tremendous qualities and can be in various positions of the feet. He has always been of interest from top clubs across Europe. It is a tremendous accomplishment for him to get to Brighton" , Poyet said Friday.

"He takes a lot of experience with it. Over the last ten years, he played at the highest level with Valencia, he played well in the Champions League, UEFA Cup and the Spanish national team. The supporters will be very proud of him in the shirt of Brighton to see. "

We are very lucky to sign a player who...."can play in various positions of the feet"

Gotta love google translate :_)

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
As I explained here yesterday morning, he had a hard time in Valencia the last 3 seasons, not playing regularly due to a bad personal relationship with coach Unai Emery and adding the previous one that was storming as well (Quique Sánchez Flores fired and Koeman disasters). Right now the most important thing for him is to play regularly at the starting 11 every week and I can see why Brighton is a better option for him that Premier clubs like Everton, Blackburn, Fulham, etc. There or in a bigger club, he probably wouldn't have the chance to play regularly as starter and for what I have read here, Gustavo's style of play can suit him more. And the fact that the manager, the assistant coach and players can speak Spanish can be too one of the reasons (he is a very introverted person and arriving to a club where he can't speak with anybody can affect negatively his adaptation). And his only option was England (he loves football, and he has followed the Premier League since childhood, with Giggs being one of his most admired footballers).

A quiet place, far from the spotlight and the pressure, a manager who has confidence in him, surrounded by Spanish speakers, good style of play, a side that can get promotion to the Premier next year...overall, a place where he can play regularly everyweek and he can regain confidence and feel like a footballer again after many bad years.

Knew it was too good to be true..........

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
As I explained here yesterday morning, he had a hard time in Valencia the last 3 seasons, not playing regularly due to a bad personal relationship with coach Unai Emery and adding the previous one that was storming as well (Quique Sánchez Flores fired and Koeman disasters). Right now the most important thing for him is to play regularly at the starting 11 every week and I can see why Brighton is a better option for him that Premier clubs like Everton, Blackburn, Fulham, etc. There or in a bigger club, he probably wouldn't have the chance to play regularly as starter and for what I have read here, Gustavo's style of play can suit him more. And the fact that the manager, the assistant coach and players can speak Spanish can be too one of the reasons (he is a very introverted person and arriving to a club where he can't speak with anybody can affect negatively his adaptation). And his only option was England (he loves football, and he has followed the Premier League since childhood, with Giggs being one of his most admired footballers).

A quiet place, far from the spotlight and the pressure, a manager who has confidence in him, surrounded by Spanish speakers, good style of play, a side that can get promotion to the Premier next year...overall, a place where he can play regularly everyweek and he can regain confidence and feel like a footballer again after many bad years.

You are a gentleman sir.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
As as happy as I am, I can't help feeling that Barnes and KLL are being instantly relegated by our NSC fans.

Vicente needs to win his place like any other signing. Barnes is our leading scorer yet everyone has written him out of any starting line-up. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vicente warming the bench for the first few games till his introduction.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Vicente Excited by New Chapter

VICENTE INTERVIEW !!!
Albion signing Vicente Rodriguez is excited by the prospect of adding a new chapter to his illustrious career in Brighton.

The former Valencia and Spain winger, who is decorated with La Liga, Uefa Cup and Copa del Rey winner's medals already has an impressive CV but, after signing for the Seagulls earlier today, is looking to add to that under the guidance of Gus Poyet in England.

He told segaulls.co.uk, "It's a new chapter for me. I had a very good career at Valencia where I won trophies with the team and individually, and played 40 times for Spain, but I'm very motivated to begin a new part of my career here in England.

"Playing in England is something I've wanted to do. I've achieved a lot, but for many years I've watched the Premier League and followed English football. It's very important that Brighton has given me that chance to start playing again.

"I hope to play very well and to help the team get into the best position this season; then if possible, become a Premier League player with this club."

Vicente hails the influence of his new manager, Gus Poyet, and chairman, Tony Bloom, on bringing the 30-year-old to Brighton.

"I'm happy to be here and now I have a very good chance to play in England. The confidence that I get from Gus Poyet and the chairman is very important to me.

"I spoke to Gus and he explained the kind of offensive, attacking football that Brighton play. That suits me and I feel very confident here.

"Yesterday when I went on to the pitch at the stadium I was really happy and convinced that I want to play games for Brighton.

"Last season I was fit but didn't play much for Valencia because the coach selected other players, but I'm motivated to play here. Hopefully I will become an important player for Brighton and I want to bring success for the fans.

"It's very important that together with Gus, his team of coaches and the other players, we reach the Premier League together."

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I think this signing (and the effort that led to it) suggests that Gus definitely has a long term plan for this club, and that includes him being here. I hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports