Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Confirmation Vicente has signed! [Season 1: 2011]

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
A massive THIS to all the excited posts on here.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
As I explained here yesterday morning, he had a hard time in Valencia the last 3 seasons, not playing regularly due to a bad personal relationship with coach Unai Emery and adding the previous one that was storming as well (Quique Sánchez Flores fired and Koeman disasters). Right now the most important thing for him is to play regularly at the starting 11 every week and I can see why Brighton is a better option for him that Premier clubs like Everton, Blackburn, Fulham, etc. There or in a bigger club, he probably wouldn't have the chance to play regularly as starter and for what I have read here, Gustavo's style of play can suit him more. And the fact that the manager, the assistant coach and players can speak Spanish can be too one of the reasons (he is a very introverted person and arriving to a club where he can't speak with anybody can affect negatively his adaptation). And his only option was England (he loves football, and he has followed the Premier League since childhood, with Giggs being one of his most admired footballers).

A quiet place, far from the spotlight and the pressure, a manager who has confidence in him, surrounded by Spanish speakers, good style of play, a side that can get promotion to the Premier next year...overall, a place where he can play regularly everyweek and he can regain confidence and feel like a footballer again after many bad years.

Thanks, great insight and assessment of this fantastic signing...Viva Vicente!!!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
He clearly didn't meet Charlie Oatway as part of the negotiations then:eek:

I seem to recall Charlie saying on the radio that he was off on holiday for two weekday - maybe they wanted him out of the way :D

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
As I explained here yesterday morning, he had a hard time in Valencia the last 3 seasons, not playing regularly due to a bad personal relationship with coach Unai Emery and adding the previous one that was storming as well (Quique Sánchez Flores fired and Koeman disasters). Right now the most important thing for him is to play regularly at the starting 11 every week and I can see why Brighton is a better option for him that Premier clubs like Everton, Blackburn, Fulham, etc. There or in a bigger club, he probably wouldn't have the chance to play regularly as starter and for what I have read here, Gustavo's style of play can suit him more. And the fact that the manager, the assistant coach and players can speak Spanish can be too one of the reasons (he is a very introverted person and arriving to a club where he can't speak with anybody can affect negatively his adaptation). And his only option was England (he loves football, and he has followed the Premier League since childhood, with Giggs being one of his most admired footballers).

A quiet place, far from the spotlight and the pressure, a manager who has confidence in him, surrounded by Spanish speakers, good style of play, a side that can get promotion to the Premier next year...overall, a place where he can play regularly everyweek and he can regain confidence and feel like a footballer again after many bad years.

Perfect - thank you

:thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To all those muppets who said he was flirting with Brighton in order to get media attention, to get an offer from a bigger club, I'm sure you're as pleased as I am to have proof you were talking out of your backsides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here