Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Commuter love

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
someone hit me with a playing card once on the train home, thought all my dreams of commuter love had come true, but then realized it was one of Dave the Gaffers mates who couldn't manage to keep the cards on the table :lol:

Are you suggesting that Alfie should launch a playing card at her? :shock:

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
For a bit of levity, you could hold the (same as hers) book upside down, while checking to see if she has clocked it, and smile at her look of bemusement...voila!

I'm sure this worked in a film :thumbsup:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Up until last week I sat opposite Tony Meola's Loan Spell on the train up and back from London Bridge every day. Not once did he make a pass at me. Not once. Not even playing footsie or a cheeky little polo for me to suck. :down:

Now I have to get an earlier train to Farringdon. I feel your pain.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd encourage her to alight with you, probably a couple of stops before your destination.

It's easier to start a conversation on common ground and the terms and conditions of your ticket is as good a subject as any.

Unless you have an advanced purchase, still you can then discuss your penalty fares :thumbsup::lolol:

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I met an ex GF on the train. What broke the ice was us both laughing at some chavs that were sat nearby.

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
For a bit of levity, you could hold the (same as hers) book upside down, while checking to see if she has clocked it, and smile at her look of bemusement...voila!

I'm sure this worked in a film :thumbsup:

This sounds like a plan!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I will admit around 6 odd years ago I used to catch the train daily to and from work with a very delectable lady who was sadly married to an older bloke and moved away in the end to Devon.

Anyway the point is we sat near each other for around 3/4 months and a long train delay broke the ice.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
You've got a few options here:

1) Sit opposite her and pretend to be on your phone but use the camera on the phone to take some upskirt pics. Make it obvious that you're doing it, then she'll know you're interested.

2) If option 1 doesn't work, sit opposite her again and remove your erect penis from your trousers - women love that, especially in a public place, she'll literally be throwing herself at you.

3) If 1 and 2 don't work she must be a bit strange so you'll need some intel on how to woo her further. Follow her home every night and make a diary of her habits and general movements. Take pictures and mabye arm yourself with some binoculars. I find it helps if you get the pictures developed and stick them into the relevant diary pages.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
You have a 'usual' seat? I commute and just don't get the whole usual seat thing.

Saying that if the lady is a strange one seater then you could be made for each other.

I'd watch her everyday and all the people who stand in the aisles blocking her path away. I'd closely observe their faces and watch out for those on the verge of a cold. Then, finally, i would dive in there and protect her from a virulent sneeze from one of these snotters, tossing a handkerchief into the path of the green goo about to splat her germfully. I would be a modern-age Sir Walter Raleigh, protecting my queen from an unwelcome wetness.

Another MB classic!

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
You have a 'usual' seat? I commute and just don't get the whole usual seat thing.

Saying that if the lady is a strange one seater then you could be made for each other.

Of course, standard. I get the same train to get to work at a certain time and East Croydon I want to be near the exit, hence I get the first carriage.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
As a commuter of 20+ years, the best way to kick things off has to be eye contact (to get an initial connection) and follow it up by mentioning an event, such as a delay (plenty of opportunity!) and just take the conversation on naturally from there, if you try and force the conversation, she'll see right through you and get uncomfortable very quickly - she has to think she is in charge of the conversation!

Now if it's a bloke you're after, revert to the "Beach Hut" solution of an ambush in the toilet !

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Now if it's a bloke you're after, revert to the "Beach Hut" solution of an ambush in the toilet !

This is getting slanderous, I will be consulting a solicitor soon :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here