Commuter love

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
If you were attracted to a fellow commuter, who you saw on the same train every morning, in the same carriage, how would you go about making the initial approach, or would you like me just sit in your "normal" seat, admiring from afar?

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
If it's Beach Hut just offer him into the toilets (if you can find one that's working) :laugh:

seriously, I would sit in the same seat (not unusual), try and bit of eye contact. Maybe strike up a line or two of chat when leaving the train and then develop from there. If eye contact not returned or opening line ignored/receives monosyllabic response then drop it. She's obviously a lesbian and should be left alone.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Discreetly pass him/her your business card ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
or switch your bluetooth on and see if you can spot theirs and send a discreet little 'hi there'

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd check the title of the book they were reading, buy a copy of that myself and begin to read it the following morning, or perhaps a few days later so it seemed less of a set-up, allowing me to get to at least page 46.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Approaching someone in the street, or on the train, going to and from work, is VERY unlikely to go well unless you look like Gordon Greer or something.

Alfie22

Mar 12, 2008
She is a book reader or occasionally The Times (which I get). I have thought about the book thing, using it as a prop to start with a knowing nod or something of that nature. She gets off at East Croydon to change trains whereas I work there, I know, poor me, so I think I need to generate an on-train opportunity...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'd watch her everyday and all the people who stand in the aisles blocking her path away. I'd closely observe their faces and watch out for those on the verge of a cold. Then, finally, i would dive in there and protect her from a virulent sneeze from one of these snotters, tossing a handkerchief into the path of the green goo about to splat her germfully. I would be a modern-age Sir Walter Raleigh, protecting my queen from an unwelcome wetness.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
She is a book reader or occasionally The Times (which I get). I have thought about the book thing, using it as a prop to start with a knowing nod or something of that nature. She gets off at East Croydon to change trains whereas I work there, I know, poor me, so I think I need to generate an on-train opportunity...

Well that's an option. see if there is an article in the times that raises a reaction and then refer to it yourself. You get off the train together so perhaps you'll need to hold people back to let her off?

Which train is this and which carriage (purely for reference purposes)?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
What if her book is Daniel Steele crap though ?

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
someone hit me with a playing card once on the train home, thought all my dreams of commuter love had come true, but then realized it was one of Dave the Gaffers mates who couldn't manage to keep the cards on the table :lol:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If you were attracted to a fellow commuter, who you saw on the same train every morning, in the same carriage, how would you go about making the initial approach, or would you like me just sit in your "normal" seat, admiring from afar?

I'd encourage her to alight with you, probably a couple of stops before your destination.

It's easier to start a conversation on common ground and the terms and conditions of your ticket is as good a subject as any.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports