Comical things that people shout out during the game that make you laugh...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
Used to watch a few games at Huddersfield back in the day... whenever they were playing badly an 80 year old man would without fail shout out in the broadest of yorkshire accents 'whats thi feeding them Jacko (peter Jackson)?? Raw bloody meat??'
Still laugh at that to this day!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
My mate`s dad who was certainly not PC was getting irate with Justin Fashanu when he was playing for Norwich against us and was battering anyone who came near him.

'Ref give him a black card the yellow bastard'.... he shouted.

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
I have to credit this to someone else who posts on here, I wasn't at the game myself, but this is what he reported to me;

With an elderly relative of his, he commented on one of the foreign players; "He's not just black, he's BLACK, black!", completely innocently and without irony. That generation is like another world.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
many years ago (Eddie Spearitt was playing thats how long ago) and on the East terrace as usual the lino was putting the flag up and down like a brasses knickers and someone shouted lino you need that flag shoving up your a**e he turned and smiled as if to say I'v heard all those before the guy then shouted even louder "sideways"

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Recall my mate getting surrounded in the cambridge end and they grabbed him and said "you're f'ing brighton!"
He quickly replied thay he was a uni student! "which one" the interegation went on.
St trinians he replied!"yeah i've heard of that ok mate i thought ya was brighton":lolol:
There's some great quotes on here, but that's made me laugh out loud.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was sat in the away end at Brentford last year and Calde was running down the wing with gloves on and some old duffer (must have been 70 odd) in front of me shouted "Get you gloves OFF, this is a MAN'S game you spanish TART".

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
At goldstone there was, what sounded like, an old lady who would shout "Lift it! Lift the Blessed thing!" when crosses weren't hit that high.

At withdean there was a guy who was more annoying than amusing constantly telling the ref to learn the rules while spouting some nonsense (throwings can be taken further back, just not any further forward, offsides can be taken anywhere along the line) showing his own complete and total ignorance of the laws of the game, would often wait until we'd sung two or three songs before singing 'one song, we only know one song', and on at leat one occasion got irate at dicker and lualua for taking a short corner explaining they never work, only for lualua to score from it.

One at amex recently, which I've mentioned on another thread was some kid who yelled out "Palace, you're fff...lipping shit!" amusing because he censored himself then just swore anyway.

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
In the first season at Priestfield we were playing Rotherham (I think) anyway Bobby Mimms was in goal for them. Typically for the time we hadnt had a shot. When Mimms came to stand in front of where the Bton support was behind the goal (all 3 of us) someone shouted 'Mimms youre a disgrace (slight pause for comic timing) you havent done anything!'.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Early on in the Withdean years around block G. One of those quiet periods in the game, only person that could be heard was shouting " Come on Bri'on" in a fairly yokel voice at regular intervals, " Come on Bri'on" booming out in his rural accent every couple of minutes. Eventually a reply came " who's Brian?" and a pause and then another voice " I'm Brian" then another " I'm Brian" and then " I'm Brian and so's my wife"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports