Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Comical things that people shout out during the game that make you laugh...

Thinker

Apr 12, 2011
At Withdean a guy continually shouted GET INTO THEM :shrug: still don't what it means.

Another one that made me chuckle when we played Grimsby the tannoy announcer asked for the owner of a Blue Mercedes to move it as it was causing an obstruction.

Someone shouted, "Mercedes ..................... obviously not a Grimsby supporter :lol:

Was 'get into them' scottish.....?

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
This thread has made me laugh, it brings back some really good memories.

The stupider the better sometimes - us away fans pointing at a section of some ground that had been cordoned off(a la the Goldstone East Stand), singing "There's no one there..."

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
There are 2 guys behind me, they are brilliant.

It's coming! is a good one the rest are just made up on the spot but are f***ing brilliant.

I do like Danny Baker telling how, when Millwall are 2-0 up with 30 mins to go, he stands up and loudly shouts "Nothing can go wrong now"!!

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
My 3 favorite ones come from Swindon at home when we lost 3-2.

1) At half time "Don't worry Simon Cox has never scored at Withdean". Cox scored twice in the 2nd half.

2) "We speak English in the south" was the chant what bloke near me tried to start. To this day, I have no idea if he i)Knew where Swindon was. ii)Had any idea what he was talking about.

3) My friend was going to one of his first ever Brighton games. "You get your shoes from sportsworld" will always be remembered as the worst song in the history of the world.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Just a couple of days ago at the Palace match:

Dad shouts: "Murray, you are a f**king Judas!".
Small boy: "Dad, what's a Judas?"
Dad: "He's the bloke that killed Caesar."

No, I couldn't believe it either, esp from a Brighton fan.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
In the Goldstone days we where playing Everton and one of there players was getting a bit gobby.

In the excitement my Dad (God bless him) shouts "Book him for discontent".

He meant descent!

Bloke next to us replies "If that's the case the ref could book all of them".

I'll go and get my coat, I can hear the tumbleweed blowing in.

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
A guy with Holstein Pils specs who used to go in the North at the Goldstone would constantly shout "unload'em" when ever the opposition got the ball. A bloke in the east makes up nicknames for players, i.e. Calde = Ini, Bennett = Elly. Also if 2 of our players go for the same ball, he'll shout "one of yous".

Sent from my iPhone using My fingers.

There is a guy in WSU whose entire repertoire is:

"Wake up Albion"
"Get stuck into them"
"I can see it" (not surprising really as we are quite high)
All followed by one of the loudest whistles known to mankind, it actually makes my ears ring.

He is good value.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
In the Goldstone days we where playing Everton and one of there players was getting a bit gobby.

In the excitement my Dad (God bless him) shouts "Book him for discontent".

He meant descent!

Bloke next to us replies "If that's the case the ref could book all of them".

I'll go and get my coat, I can hear the tumbleweed blowing in.

Probably meant dissent (unless it was for continually going down).

I remember one from the N/E terrace at the Goldstone before it was segregated for away fans. Must have been v late '60s or '70 but Freddie Goodwin was the manager. I don't remember who the opposition were either but the game was exceptionally tedious and the crowd almost silent until a loud female voice booms out with:
"Open your legs and try RUNNING O'Sullivan, nothing's going to fall out"

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
My favourite was at Withers, Leon Knight p***ing about with the ball instead of passing again, I shout "Pass the bleedin' ball Knight", just as he cracks it majestically into the top left hand corner of the net, the guy next to me just looked over and raised his eye brows and said "Thank you Mr Lawrenson"

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here