Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

CMS - Another frustrating year for him ahead i feel

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
As I said I'm fed up with writing that on our FORUM

From the Smudger thread:-

Originally Posted by Mutts Nuts
It does not matter how strong our defence is,without goals we will win fcuk all.I hope we are wrong too
What!
Of course it matters how strong our defence is.

With a stronger defence our midfield will be less put upon.
Our less put upon won't be found wanting, and have to be bolstered with 3 defensive midfielders.
So our attacking midfielder and god forbid 2 wingers will at least create space for CMS
With space comes chances.

With chances comes goals.

Rocket science, it ain't.

Would you like me to pedantly go further back in my posts to find at least 2 more?

My apologies. It's difficult at times to look beyond all your patronising replies.

BTW - it's 'pedantically'

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My apologies. It's difficult at times to look beyond all your patronising replies.

BTW - it's 'pedantically'
very good :lol:

I just can't see how EVERYONE can come to these conclusions.
Giving far to much importance to friendly, and assuming Gus & CMS will have learn't nothing from last season.

After figuratively banging my head on the table, patronising, and sarcasm (never forget sarcasm) was all I had left.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
After watching CMS last night i feel that he is in for a frustrating year again, where it just isnt going to happen for him. I know it was only 40 mins or so as he come off injured but i saw again a player whos style isnt suited to our play. Thats not to suggest he's not a good player, but the wrong player for us despite us all hoping he would go away and magically discover how to fit into this team.

Last night again , you could see he keeps looking for the ball over the top but apart from a great ball by Greer which to be fair he should have scored from, they just do not come and this isnt going to magically happen - we will play the same as last year. You can sense his frustration and from his body language you can see that slowly but surely he realises this isnt happening for him

Other areas of his game, where he comes deeper to recieve the ball, for me he is ineffective, its not his game - relatively poor touch, misplaced passes etc.

Hoskins on the other hand looks so calm and comfortable in possesion - having him back is like a new signing and hope he stays fit. One thing i would like to see is them both play together.

I hope he will come good when the season starts proper, but that will only happen if we vary our play slighty and knock the odd quick long ball. However for me Hoskins and Barnes are ahead of him at the moment.
If we play the same as last year i,e negative tactics then it's goner be mid table at best.its time gus played to his strenghs.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
This isn't the first pre-season for CMS, though.

That's not the point is it? The point is, that pre-season means nothing. No one wants to get injured for the start of the season and the players level of fitness isn't what is it through mid season. Anyone who knows football should know that!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here