Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clapping the team at the end....

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
Temporary Slim Bars said:
WHO DID IT?!

WHY DID YOU DO IT?!

....That's what I wanna know. I personally think that ELEVEN home defeats does not warrant a round of applause and a lap of honour..........but that is just my opinion.

What's yours? And why?

Discuss.

I too did it because I love the team, I appreciate a season full of hard work including some fantastic results and great performances, despite a poor finish. As somebody said earlier, through thick and thin....
I want a team that puts in 100% commitment every week - the fans deserve that. But even that can't guarantee results because frankly we're not good enough. But if the players we do have put in the effort, we can ask no more of them.
For those demanding wins every week - pls contact messrs Mourinho and Ferguson where a fickle attitude will be welcomed - may even be a pre-requisite. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Yes, I did clap the team at the end. The reason being that I support the Albion, regardless of whether they have played "entertaining" football . I would have clapped them even if they'd been relegated. As others have said, they were never likely to be promoted in view of the lack of experience in a predominantly young team. It was noticeably men against boys against Oldham.

I don't get this anger, which some people seem to suffer if the team is not doing well. Disappointment, yes, but anger? Why? I too have difficulty in affording a season ticket but I do so because I support the Albion. I don't think paying money entitles me to see football of a certain standard (if I wanted to see showcase football I'd watch the prima donnas in the Premiership - no thanks!) I do it because I want to be there, whatever happens. Yes, of course I like to see good football and for us to win matches, but I don't think being negative is very constructive, particularly in the circumstances in which the club finds itself. However, each to his/her own, we're all different in our expectations!

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
it'snot their fault some of them lack quality football skills. [/B][/QUOTE]

Whos fault is it then..........??

couldn't be arsed. They simply didn't deserve it.

They have been absolutley dreadful at home this year.

and I'm not buying the "There my team so they must always be fantastic" aregument. That kind of blind faith does more harm than good in my book.

By all means celebrte a survival like we had in 96 and 97 but there were extenuating circumstances that meant that was acceptable.

But if Micky Adams had accepted that, we'd never have had the success we enjoyed in 2000 to 2002. We would still have been watching Jamie Moralee et al.........

If they are crap, then we should be telling them what they arre providing is simply not good enough. Otherwise how will they ever improve.

Its a poor division and we are 18th.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Storer68 said:

and I'm not buying the "There my team so they must always be fantastic" aregument. That kind of blind faith does more harm than good in my book.

Has anyone posted they must always be fantastic? I don't think so.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Storer68 said:
yes it does and the standard is Third Division rubbish masquerading as football

But you damn well the non-footballing reasons why we're languishing in the Third Division. Pretty poor show to take it out on the players. I swear they were near-cringeing at being made to applaud at the end. Like Henderson earlier in the season, they didn't deserve to have it thrown back in their faces. But heigh-ho, each to their own.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I clapped.

I clapped for the Forest result. The Northwich Victoria result. The Northampton result. For being the community club of the year. For the players turning up at kiddies days, at fans days, at charity days. Alex Revell made a promise to see a kid play footie in a game and kept it. Dick Knight turned up at the REMF. For the staff at the shop being the friendliest. For filling the family stands with new fans. For making my 2 boys life-long Albion fans. For a bunch of kiddies playing in a big bad league and actually doing pretty well considering they do it in the worst stadium in the league. For super Baz's celebration.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Buzzer said:
I clapped.

I clapped for the Forest result. The Northwich Victoria result. The Northampton result. For being the community club of the year. For the players turning up at kiddies days, at fans days, at charity days. Alex Revell made a promise to see a kid play footie in a game and kept it. Dick Knight turned up at the REMF. For the staff at the shop being the friendliest. For filling the family stands with new fans. For making my 2 boys life-long Albion fans. For a bunch of kiddies playing in a big bad league and actually doing pretty well considering they do it in the worst stadium in the league. For super Baz's celebration.

Now THAT'S an answer!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here