Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clapping the team at the end....

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
I clapped whilst walking along the running track on my way out. Even tho this season has not been brilliant there has still been some good moments

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I didn't clap because I was already on my way down the stairs to get the bus.

I'm with Dougal on this.

It's not the players fault that they are sub standard but we have had to pay hard earned to watch mostly shite at home this season.

Good on you who felt the desire to clap.

This current 'team' will certainly not be chasing promotion next season, but a few astute signings could make a difference.

Wilkins, stop the old pals act and clear the dead wood out.

Black N Tan

Jan 28, 2006
West London
Westdene Seagull said:
I clapped because, despite the dire displays recently, I truely believe that no player goes on the pitch to play badly intentionly and that they try their hardest every match. That deserves a clap.

It's a lack of skill and quality we have an issue with NOT a lack of determination. Until we have money or an astute manager who picks up good bargins like Adams did ( and that's not a slagging of Wilkins ) then we will not have players of better quality.

Besides, the side is a young one and the way to get the best out of people is to encourage then NOT abuse them. Unfortunately the brainless twats that hurled abuse at Cox and co last home match don't quite get it - I hope that wherever they work has the same policy with their customers yelling abuse at them everytime they make a mistake.

In summary, the team should be applauded for attempting to play their best in the stripes - it'snot their fault some of them lack quality football skills.
Agree with every word. It's nice to read sense from someone who I would call a genuine supporter.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Clapped, and proud to have clapped, too. Christ, we beat Scunny and Forest, and have played some exceptionally attractive football. The goals have dried up towards the end of the season, but there's been PLENTY to cheer.

It still amazes me that despite all the dross and hardship we had to put with during the gory years, people moan as if this season's the worst there's ever been.

The lads do wear the shirt with pride, they do try their hardest (Leon's gone now, remember) and I will carry on supporting them through thick and thin.

This team is a confidence team. Think how average we were against Orient before we scored - then cue a 4-1 annihilation. Think how nervy we were away against Northampton, until we finally scored. Then we bossed the game.

Think how we scored twice away at Bradford, knew we didn't deserve to get pinned back to 2-2, then scored a late winner! The lads thrive on a good atmosphere and confidence.

The lads DO care. Look at how Coxy kissed the badge yesterday after his goal. There is pride in that squad. And I'm proud to applaud them.

Guaranteed, they'll get a louder standing ovation next weekend. And they deserve it.

Last edited:

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
For me footballs about having a laugh with my mates and a few beers. I loved it in div 4, terraces, cheap to get in, team improving from when Adams came in, fans bein happy just because we were playing in the football league

I was not there yesterday but would have clapped if i was because they are the team i support. at the moment the team is dire but weall know the reason why. I will give them a clap at cheltenham, win lose or draw, but I will have had a few shandies:drink:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I clapped as even though we've been largely dire, they've tried hard to please, and have given me many HAPPY moments this season (just not enough as some of us would like).

Also, i may never see Gary Hart in the stripes again. It'd be rude not to clap a man who has served us so well.:clap:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Withdean Wanderer said:
I clapped as even though we've been largely dire, they've tried hard to please, and have given me many HAPPY moments this season (just not enough as some of us would like).

Also, i may never see Gary Hart in the stripes again. It'd be rude not to clap a man who has served us so well.:clap:

Ditto - I also enjoyed the roar when Michel started to warm up. I will be sad to see some of these guys leave (If they do), but onwards and upwards (assuming we can get suitable replacements).

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
We've had some good times this season too, people have short memories. Overall it has been disappointing, but that has not been due to a lack of effort. Which is why I clapped them.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
I clapped and am proud to have clapped.
The players gave their all yesterday against a team who are pushing for promotion. To get a goal back at 2-0 down shows spirit and determination.
We've had some lack lustre results this season but I put that down more to tactics and a manager learning his trade with a young squad.

They are my team and I will clap them if you don't like it tough you don't have to clap but don't think you are better than me because I did.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Barry Hazgon said:
guilty here too

Good.

If we all renewed our season tickets we keep having a better chance of moving on. If we don't, to show our 'displeasure' at the performances, then we soon don't have a club left.

There are threads on here slagging off players for being rubbish, essentially lacking talent. Therefore we can conclude the most they can do, have done, is try their best.

Hence clapping them as much as you want.

:clap:

BIRCHYBOY27

Nov 25, 2005
brighton
I support the club thats why i clapped do not agree with such negative attitudes it doesn't help matters.

Saying that im glad this season has finished and hope next season will be better, but be postive ffs if you aren't then don't bother coming.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I did clap at the end, the youngsters have tried there hardest, they are just not quite good enough at the moment. That should change now they have experince.

I give up with some people at Withdean. The idiot 2 rows behind me started shouting and abusing Wilkins afer Oldhams second goal, shouting "What you going to do about that Wilkins". I just turned round and said probably clapping a cracking goal. The bloke is a muppett!

I am glad the season finishes away from Withdean so that the players finish infront of the loyal noisy away following.

See you all next season for more moaning and moaning and moaning and moaning and moaning and moaning and perhaps some more moaning

rusty redeyes

Feb 26, 2007
Portslade, The Blue Anchor
Chicken Run said:
I was back in the pub just after half time:drink:

Ditto, left at half time, bus into town and then found a pew outside Bar De La Mer and enjoyed the view and a few pints of Stella. Watching ladies volleyball in the sun was FAR more appealing and entertaining than watching that.

Seeing our pre-match huddle was enough for me, Butters towering over at least 6 of our team, emphasing why we can't compete physically with the majority of teams at this level

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Dougal said:
:lolol: you are a very angry person

its his goatee.

its too tight, cutting off sanity from his brain

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here