Clapping the team at the end....

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
i clapped the players who were clapping the fans for the support throughout the year (or most of the fans). Had nothing to do with the game yesterday more about being a supporter of BHAFC

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Dougal said:
if you clapped then you're mental

why? Would say more of the crowd were clapping at the end than had left

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I really do wonder what planet some of you are from...to start a thread asking why people clapped at the end of a season just proves to me that some on you who post on here are just utter imbiciles!

I would like to know how many of you who are agreeing with the poster actually went to the Goldstone during the Lloyd and Case years? Or went to Priestfield during Woods' reign?

If you want lack of committment and guidance, then I'd suggest buying the season highlights videos from those years, because I remember some of the performances being a hundred times worse that any we've had to endure this year.

To say that you're not going to clap some of those players, who this year have matured into potentially promotion winning players next year is childish and pathetic and I personally would not be sad if supporters like you disappeared to watch Pompey or Palace!

You do nothing but harm the relationship between the players and the supporters and you should be utterly ashamed of yourselves.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
more to do with the fact as I have said above that the players were clapping the fans for the support that they have shown throughout the season which has been pretty crap.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
So we haven't set the division alight - did anyone expect us to?
We've seen glimpses of what could be.At times briliant passing & movement, mostly only for a short spell in a game but enough to suggest that with a bit of tinkering things will be better.We only need that vital bit of experience , someone whos willing to take a gamble & we'll be halfway there.
Stop moaning watch the game and you'll see for yourself why people applauded the side.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
supaseagull said:
I really do wonder what planet some of you are from...to start a thread asking why people clapped at the end of a season just proves to me that some on you who post on here are just utter imbiciles!

I would like to know how many of you who are agreeing with the poster actually went to the Goldstone during the Lloyd and Case years? Or went to Priestfield during Woods' reign?

If you want lack of committment and guidance, then I'd suggest buying the season highlights videos from those years, because I remember some of the performances being a hundred times worse that any we've had to endure this year.

To say that you're not going to clap some of those players, who this year have matured into potentially promotion winning players next year is childish and pathetic and I personally would not be sad if supporters like you disappeared to watch Pompey or Palace!

You do nothing but harm the relationship between the players and the supporters and you should be utterly ashamed of yourselves.

thats ok then , as long as its not as bad as it was :nono:

mate , if you think these players are promotion winning players next year , then you're off your head I'm afraid

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
the wanderbus said:
So we haven't set the division alight - did anyone expect us to?
We've seen glimpses of what could be.At times briliant passing & movement, mostly only for a short spell in a game but enough to suggest that with a bit of tinkering things will be better.We only need that vital bit of experience , someone whos willing to take a gamble & we'll be halfway there.
Stop moaning watch the game and you'll see for yourself why people applauded the side.

Jake Robinson Hat-tricks, Dean Cox first season, Paul Reid's performances early season, Northwich Victoria performance and I can go on.

There have been far more highlights to this season than the last two! Besides, whoever seriously thought we'd be pushing for play-offs this year was deluded - We can't have promotions and relegations every year!!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dougal said:
well what are you clapping for ? good season ...no ? , good performances ....no ?

It's called belonging.

:albion:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Dougal said:
Stupid reasoning

Why else do you support the local club? I am Brighton through and through. Who else would I support?

(that doesn't mean I put up with rubbish or not question the club before that accusation is levelled at me)

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I can't believe people are still calling the performances gutless, who exactly was gutless?? I clapped beacuse although our players aren't the best, they tried and they're playing for Brighton and Hove Albion

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
mcshane in the 79th said:
I can't believe people are still calling the performances gutless, who exactly was gutless?? I clapped beacuse although our players aren't the best, they tried and they're playing for Brighton and Hove Albion

:clap: :clap:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
mcshane in the 79th said:

Spot on. :clap:

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Yorkie said:
Why else do you support the local club? I am Brighton through and through. Who else would I support?

(that doesn't mean I put up with rubbish or not question the club before that accusation is levelled at me)

So am I

I know the clapping is something of a moment when the players come round , but I just dont think they deserve it to be fair

Whatever happens I will be BHA forever but I aint clapping for a season of shite

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Dougal said:
but I just dont think they deserve it to be fair

Each to their own but I felt they did deserve it and thats why I clapped them. At the end of the day there's nothing to say the players could've done or given any more than they have this season, And i'm sure if the results had been a bit more mixed over the coarse of the season instead of good runs, Bad runs, Good away form, Bad home form, Then fans would'nt be feeling as negetive as they are now even in the same league position on the same points as we are now.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I stayed and clapped them for their honest endeavours all season. Not much to ask after nine months of hard graft, irrespective of whether they've been quite up to the task or not. They looked fairly sheepish, has to be said, whrn they were doing the clapping, and IMHO it would have been a bit churlish not to clap back. Was going to clap them anyways. Like somebody said, they're OUR team :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports