Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Clapping the team at the end....

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
WHO DID IT?!

WHY DID YOU DO IT?!

....That's what I wanna know. I personally think that ELEVEN home defeats does not warrant a round of applause and a lap of honour..........but that is just my opinion.

What's yours? And why?

Discuss.

I was mainly thinking that this team was far better than the team that we clapped at the same stage of the 1997/98 season.

23rd in the 4th Division

Played 46
Won 6
Drawn 17
Lost 23
Goals For 38
Goals Against 66
Points 35

If it was worth celebrating that survival, it was worth celebrating this one.

We drew the last "home" game that year ... Hull City 2-2.

Last edited:

I hate to admit it but I didn't.

No entertainment, piss poor results, gutless and clueless performances. Not exactly worthy of anything other than quietly walking back to my car.

Bad fan.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I was outside by then.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I clapped, not particularly enthusiastically, but i clapped nonetheless. I support Brighton through thick and thin :albion:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I clapped because, despite the dire displays recently, I truely believe that no player goes on the pitch to play badly intentionly and that they try their hardest every match. That deserves a clap.

It's a lack of skill and quality we have an issue with NOT a lack of determination. Until we have money or an astute manager who picks up good bargins like Adams did ( and that's not a slagging of Wilkins ) then we will not have players of better quality.

Besides, the side is a young one and the way to get the best out of people is to encourage then NOT abuse them. Unfortunately the brainless twats that hurled abuse at Cox and co last home match don't quite get it - I hope that wherever they work has the same policy with their customers yelling abuse at them everytime they make a mistake.

In summary, the team should be applauded for attempting to play their best in the stripes - it'snot their fault some of them lack quality football skills.

D

Deleted User X18H

I clapped for a while ............but I have done something far far more strange I have renewed my season ticket. :ohmy: :ohmy:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Because they are my team.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
hove born&bred said:
I clapped for a while ............but I have done something far far more strange I have renewed my season ticket. :ohmy: :ohmy:

Me too, roll on next season. :clap2:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I applauded to show my support, and thank them for all their efforts this season.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I certainly stood and clapped.

I'm an Albion supporter and that's what I do.

Won't be renewing my season ticket though, although will go to just as many games.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
hove born&bred said:

guilty here too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here