Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Claim to fame!

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
Who appeared on a kids tv programme/quiz show during the 1980's or early 90's?

our school (hampden park, eastbourne) got the chance to go on the Fun House!! two kids from the year above got selected and won everything...i was gutted not to meet Pat Sharp :nono:

:dunce:

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
My housemate still has the video of him on Motormouth, being lifted up to Gaby Roslin's ample bosom...

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
double dare was a class programme. they don't make them like that anymore!!! i always thought peter simon was cute...you can now catch him on bid up tv!!! hooray!! :clap:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
He he.

My mate was on a quiz show on Nickleodeon once and they were through to the last round. When asked a question the opposition didn't know the answer but someone from their school shouted it out from the crowd so they had to stop filming and explain the rules again. To my mates disgust, when they started fliming again the opposition were asked the same question and, surprise surprise, got it right! The camera then pans over to my mate shaking his head looking well pissed off.

:jester:

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
virgirlo said:
i always thought peter simon was cute...you can now catch him on bid up tv!!! hooray!! :clap:

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: very dissapointed in you :nono: :nono: :nono: Peter Simon indeed.

besides which I am too old to be on a kids programme in the 80's :lolol:

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
Albion Dan said:
My mate was one of the mini pops! Shaking Stevens no less!

i had forgotten about that!!!

i used to love the wideawake club with michaela strachan and tommy boyd...did anyone else wear pyjamas out to the shops cause they told you to...? :nono:

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
bha.fatboy said:
:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: very dissapointed in you :nono: :nono: :nono: Peter Simon indeed.

besides which I am too old to be on a kids programme in the 80's :lolol:

kids tv presenters were so much better in the 80's....

tommy boyd
peter simon...or was it simon peters ???
philip schofield ;)
and stu on crackajack!!! :clap:

modo

Mar 15, 2004
Streatham
the 2 people on fun house were max dyer and louise french..... both of which were in my year at hampden park.......

they auditioned about 12 of us for the show (myself included)!!!, they then gave us ugly ones a bloody funhouse ruler and pen and told us to sod off!

virgirlo said:
Who appeared on a kids tv programme/quiz show during the 1980's or early 90's?

our school (hampden park, eastbourne) got the chance to go on the Fun House!! two kids from the year above got selected and won everything...i was gutted not to meet Pat Sharp :nono:

:dunce:

I went to Hampden Park! :clap2: Left in 1987 though so probably before you. I was captain of our winning Top of The Form house team but wasn't selected for the School Team which went on Radio (Radio Brighton I think). Made up for it by winning Channel 5's 100% 3 times in the late 90's though.

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
Re: Re: Claim to fame!

The Great Cornholio said:
I went to Hampden Park! :clap2: Left in 1987 though so probably before you. I was captain of our winning Top of The Form house team but wasn't selected for the School Team which went on Radio (Radio Brighton I think). Made up for it by winning Channel 5's 100% 3 times in the late 90's though.

i was in top of the form too. what form were you in? i was in warren!!

max dyer...many a girl had crushes on him!!! a caburn boy i believe who always wore an aston villa jacket :nono:

did anyone ever get their art work displayed on hart beat with tony hart?

Re: Re: Re: Claim to fame!

virgirlo said:
i was in top of the form too. what form were you in? i was in warren!!

max dyer...many a girl had crushes on him!!! a caburn boy i believe who always wore an aston villa jacket :nono:

did anyone ever get their art work displayed on hart beat with tony hart?

Friston - won the football competition every year I was there. I score 12 goals in 4 games once (Poaching from Tobi Hutchinson and Wayne Agg). Tobi scored less than me and went on to play County League and still does I believe. I went over 10 years before playing again. (Where did it all go wrong? :lolol: )

I never got on Hartbeat (or Take Hart as it was in my day) but used to play a game with my sister as to whose age whould come up most. Bit of a cad old Tony - always surrounded himself with lots of young girl art students in his latter TV days. Whatever happened to Mr Bennett?

There were some wonderful teachers at Hampden Park. The best guy was my Head of House - John Thomas! (Not kidding). There ws Mr Bodie the RE teacher who calimed to have had tea with Jesus and ridden an astral escalator and had Angel Cakes. He left to become a vicar! :eek: Hippy Hillman, the biology teacher. Miss Lynn, the music teacher who was called 'Wooden tit' when my mum went there and still was when I was there. Barry Cobill, the world's smallest PE Teacher. Mr Pearson, the science teacher who hated me and resented my Chemistry O Level pass.

Mrs Freshney - the French teacher. All I remember was coming up with a compilation of her best bits. The past partciple of the pluperfect, indirect auxillery tense. I didn't (and still don't) know what these are in English - how the hell was I supposed to understand them in French?

Mr Allen - always reminded me of Mr Withit from the Spectrum and C64 game Skooldaze. Miss Rann and Miss Williams who always had rumours surrounding their friendship. Mr Barlow, who knew my dad and kept mentioning him in class, much to my embarrassment. Mrs Dalloway - the dragon cooking teacher. Mr Ponsonby who looked like Willy Wonka in his plum jacket. Miss Rannie - the student teacher we sent to a nervous breakdown. Mrs Braznell the Art Teacher. Mr McMath - who took maths! And Mr Clements, the headmaster.

Happy days!

(Everyone else who didn't go to Hampden Park bored yet? :lol: )

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
did anybody appear as the family of the week on big breakfast?

has anyone been in an audience for going live? that was class, sarah green and philip schofield with the lovely gordon the gopher!! :flameboun

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I was on the Radio One Roadshow Bits and Pieces with Peter Powell at Eastbourne in the mid eighties.

I think I got 7 out of 10 and came second.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here