Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Claim to fame!

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
virgirlo said:
you can't beat choc a bloc!!! what ever happened to that!!
what about king rolo...can't remember if it followed or preceded pigeon street!! and of course there was bric a brac!

fantastic!:clap:

King Rollo is class, I still watch that on Noggin (8-10pm on Nick Jnr) along with Mr Benn & Ivor The Engine!! :clap:

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
As a nipper I was on the Rolf Harris Saturday Show in 1980 shot at the Brighton Centre

Do you know what it is yet? Oh knees up mother brown etc etc

and my dad was the Albion cartoonist. He did the 'Cyril and Cecil the Seagull cartoons in the 78-79 programme' The poor jokes were his too.

I wonder why he wasn't asked to do the cartoons the following season.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
me & my brother chez are descendants of H.G. WELLS :smokin:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i used to live above steve johnson of "terror towers" fame

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
completeley by accident, i was on eastenders and in the dum dum dum dum dum scene too.
i had been in london and got off the train at brighton station, as i was walking down the platform i was in the background as Steve and Mel were kissing - they had started an affair in our fair city. that was back in oct 2000. it was shown at halloween later tat year

i have also appeared in the argus, leader, matchday programme at brighton and west ham holding up a we want falmer poster with Sir Geoff Hurst:yawn:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
I was on "YOU BET" when it was hosted by Bruce Forsyth:lolol:

thedonkeycentrehalf

Moved back to wear the gloves (again)
Jul 7, 2003
virgirlo said:
i always thought peter simon was cute...you can now catch him on bid up tv!!! hooray!! :clap:

Does Peter Simon do Panto - the quality of his jokes on Bid-Up TV are so poor that they're great. He would make a good panto dame.

Anyway, my claim to 80's fame is that I appeared in a Childrens Royal Variety show with such greats as Tommy Boyd, Maggie Philbin, Kajagoogoo, Modern Romance.... it was a slow year!!!

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
rospants said:
what was your bet?
A mate and i had to wind in a 7.5 ton truck with fishing rods..........10 metres in under a minute.:clap2: :clap2:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
AJ's Love Monkey said:
Reel it in! :clap2:
We most certainly did..........my back has never been the same since................DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME.......................:lolol: :lolol:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
I appeared on an ITV kids news quiz called Whats happening in 1984, Tommy Boyd was the host and for some reason you represented your local radio station, which was Southern Sound in those days. Lost heavily, as I got a question about the bloody Pope and the kids on the other team got a question about the Football League Trophies. Seem to recall the other team was from Stoke, Ah well, another away defeat to Stoke. Good few days away though as it was filmed at Central in Birmingham, and we got a sweatshirt and certificate!!!

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Talking of 80's/90's kids shows there was a girl who looked a bit like jenny powell, it may have even been her, who got caught up in some motorcycle stunt that went wrong on air.

I never did find out what actually happened, can anyone shed some light

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here