Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Claim to fame!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had my name in several national newspapers once when I was accused of rape. Fortunately it was a case of mistaken identity, and Christopher Biggins ended up taking the rap.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Strike said:
I had a cameo role in Wimbledon the movie as part of the crowd lurking outside the centre court and the outside courts. LOL

I am also a Youth MP.

'Cameo role' ? Anonymous face in crowd you mean

I would have thought that being Youth MP was something to be ashamed of, rather than a claim to fame

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
appeared on the TSW news when my ship came back to plymouth from the falklands war. i had grown a beard on the journey home and i looked f***ing awful:nono:

p.s. more recently i appeared on 'star in their eyes'. my mate was appearing on the show as luther van dross (he got to the final and came third btw) and they came to my workplace to film him. i made sure that i got on camera :rolleyes:

Last edited:

33057 Seagull

May 22, 2004
Over the border in Southwick
I got interviewed by South Today when in the club shop prior to the playoff final at Cardiff. I said something along the lines of Falmer was more important than winning the game. It was televised but I never saw it.

I also was in the background singing & pissed when they also covereds's Atilla's Albion marathon in the Star - again never saw it but was recognised by friend's & colleagues.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
Jesus Gul said:
As a nipper I was on the Rolf Harris Saturday Show in 1980 shot at the Brighton Centre

My sister was on that. If I remember reightly it was sjown on the day we beat Forest at the Goldtone. I was on the end of Grandstand that day - standing in the Chicken Run snogging my boyfriend. Parents were not amused!

Apart from that, I've been on page 3 of the Sun:ohmy:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Ohh just remembered that I am in the opening shot of the 1983 cup final video. I was standing under a banner 'saying all things Brighton beautiful' or something like that. I have the lovely long curly hair and wearing the shades.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Did the "cat walk" on Soccer AM

Gotta kiss from Helen Chamberlain ( no tongues though:( )

Hit Sir Richard Hadlee for 2 sixes in two balls playing for a sussex invitation X1 in 1970's

Parted Geoff Boycotts stumps in the nets at Sussex again in the 70's. When he used to play for Yorks, wherever he played he would let people bowl to him in the nets...I must have been there for a good hour.

My Godfather was Christopher Balderstone, one time England Cricketer and Unpire as well as professional footballer for Carlisle( and I think he played for ManU) my dad's best mate in Huddersfield.

CoventrySeagull

Jul 7, 2003
Back in HANGLETON
Appeared on Saturday Superstore outside Palace Pier back in the 80's. Remember some school kids showing off their football skills, etc and Paul Daniels + Debbie McGhee doing some magic tricks.

I was seen in the background amongst the crowd. I was told the following week at school by several people who watched it.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
I stood next to Joe Strummer at a urinal once!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
m20gull said:
I was on the back page of the Guardian sitting on the terraces at York looking very fed up in the dark days, and that was before we lost 3-1!

I was there....now that was a fun day out....perhaps people should have seen that before moaning about our recent performances

y'don'tknowy'werebornehupandsitheee

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here