Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Claim to fame!

Strike

Sussex Border Front
Mar 12, 2004
Three Bridges, Crawley
virgirlo said:
kids tv presenters were so much better in the 80's....

tommy boyd
peter simon...or was it simon peters ???
philip schofield ;)
and stu on crackajack!!! :clap:

:cough:
timmymallett.jpg

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
Re: Re: Re: Re: Claim to fame!

(Everyone else who didn't go to Hampden Park bored yet? :lol: ) [/B][/QUOTE]

that was excellent!!

mr hillman was still there in my days. did you ever wind him up by singing god save our queen in science...worked a treat!
mrs freshney and mr barlow were an item were they not...well shared a car to work!!!
what about mr coffee?
mrs dalloway was a bitch and ended up skiving for months with stress. ms williams was surely a lezza as she used to wear shirts and big ties!!!
miss day was a real bitch and my form tutor! and mr pearson was the biggest arse ever and it was hilarious watching him trying to explain sex education in our biology lesson...imagine that!! :nono:

gazwag said:
I was on the Radio One Roadshow Bits and Pieces with Peter Powell at Eastbourne in the mid eighties.

I think I got 7 out of 10 and came second.

Used to hate it when Peter Powell came. Live, from the Wish Tower slopes in Eastbourne, its - - - -- - Gary Davies!!!!!

Ooooooohhh Gary Davies, on your radio!

Steve Wright was best - but DLT was good as well. I must be getting old as when DLT was the last of the old school to be shown the door by Radio 1 was the time I stopped listening.

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
The Great Cornholio said:
Used to hate it when Peter Powell came. Live, from the Wish Tower slopes in Eastbourne, its - - - -- - Gary Davies!!!!!

Steve Wright was best - but DLT was good as well. I must be getting old as when DLT was the last of the old school to be shown the door by Radio 1 was the time I stopped listening.

i was at the gary davies show...he looked great in those little shorts and that mullet hair cut!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Claim to fame!

virgirlo said:
(Everyone else who didn't go to Hampden Park bored yet? :lol: )

that was excellent!!

mr hillman was still there in my days. did you ever wind him up by singing god save our queen in science...worked a treat!
mrs freshney and mr barlow were an item were they not...well shared a car to work!!!
what about mr coffee?
mrs dalloway was a bitch and ended up skiving for months with stress. ms williams was surely a lezza as she used to wear shirts and big ties!!!
miss day was a real bitch and my form tutor! and mr pearson was the biggest arse ever and it was hilarious watching him trying to explain sex education in our biology lesson...imagine that!! :nono: [/B][/QUOTE]

Mrs Holden told us about the birds and the bees. Mr Coffee was a top dude. He's still around, saving the planet. Transport 2000 I believe. I think I had Miss Day (not in the biblical sense!) - was she Maths?

Hippy Hillman used to threaten to throw stools at us. He always said he was off to get Mr Ashton and then we would follow him. He would go to the bottom of the stairs, count to 10 and come back up again. By which time, we would all have hidden behind the benches.

We also had a ginger lady PE Teacher who used to take us to golf at Willingdon Golf Club in the old red minibus. Can't remember her name - just lots of curly ginger hair.

I wonder if Mr Pearson still has Ollie and Morri - his Austin and Morris cars that looked 30 years old when I went to school. I think Miss Williams must have dined on carpets but it's strange that she took needlework - quite a feminine subject.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I was on a programme called Pebble Mill just after I was born.

They were doing a bit on the hospital I was in and as I was the smallest baby they put me on. I was in the bath and I had no clothes on. In fact, I was naked.

I was also on Soccer AM.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Hold on, was it Steve Wright not Peter Powell, I can't remember now, have to get the photos out and have a look

fatboy said:

They were doing a bit on the hospital I was in and as I was the smallest baby they put me on. I was in the bath and I had no clothes on. In fact, I was naked.

I was also on Soccer AM.

Ooooh! Ooooh! This is better than working! Pebble Mill was cool. Donny McLeod, Alan Titchmarsh et al. I'm still haunted by Paul Shane's pub singer crooning on one show. I always watched it at my nan's during school lunch hour as she lived close to the school. It was always followed by Choc-a-block, Pigeon Street or Bagpuss. Or Mr Benn or Fingerbobs. :clap2: :clap2:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I always watched it at my nan's during school lunch hour as she lived close to the school. It was always followed by Choc-a-block, Pigeon Street or Bagpuss. Or Mr Benn or Fingerbobs. :clap2: :clap2:

Thoughs shows obviously left a lasting impression for you to remember the running order :D

Bet you even remember what number Festival Road Mr Benn lived at

gazwag said:
Thoughs shows obviously left a lasting impression for you to remember the running order :D

Bet you even remember what number Festival Road Mr Benn lived at

I should do but can't. I only just saw the end of one the other day on some kids channel as I was flicking through. Amazing how everyone in the street was always outside - never in their house.

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
They once filmed chucklevision outside my house in Eastbourne - twas a bit surreal, chatting to the Chuckle Bros, while they chain smoked.....

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
fatboy said:

I was also on Soccer AM.

:lolol:

virgirlo

Jun 2, 2004
London
Ooooh! Ooooh! This is better than working! Pebble Mill was cool. Donny McLeod, Alan Titchmarsh et al. I'm still haunted by Paul Shane's pub singer crooning on one show. I always watched it at my nan's during school lunch hour as she lived close to the school. It was always followed by Choc-a-block, Pigeon Street or Bagpuss. Or Mr Benn or Fingerbobs. :clap2: :clap2:

you can't beat choc a bloc!!! what ever happened to that!!
what about king rolo...can't remember if it followed or preceded pigeon street!! and of course there was bric a brac!

fantastic!:clap:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
virgirlo said:
Who appeared on a kids tv programme/quiz show during the 1980's or early 90's?

our school (hampden park, eastbourne) got the chance to go on the Fun House!! two kids from the year above got selected and won everything...i was gutted not to meet Pat Sharp :nono:

:dunce:

All eighties:
Was on Blue Peter at the Aquarium and got soaked by the Dolphins:censored:

Forced to tap dance by me mam on South Today

:censored: :censored: :censored:

Seems I'm always for the pratfall!!:nono:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

Bagpuss was cool... and Mr Benn!!! Cool!!! Which costume would you choose?

D

Deleted User X18H

When Robbo scored his second goal against Man City in the 1983 F A Cup 4th round at the Beautiful Goldstone he ran straight over to where me and my mate Karl where standing beneath the lego stand, we were on MOTD but as John Bond got the old tin tack straight after the game, we were on just about every news and sport programme for days, two geeky schoolboys jumping about in Parkas ...................... sadly Karl died in 1997:(

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here