Chesterfield say congrats......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Look, they were small time when we were in the same division as them,.. they are small time now,.... we won the league by 11 points, they only had 9 points deducted,.... we were still better than them,... bunch of out of work thug miners ........

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think they need to get a half and half scarf with Hereford with "we hate Brighton" in the middle

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Just seen a thread on the englandfans forum where a Chesterfield has been less than pleasant...

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
If Chesterfield fans want to have selective memory that is their problem. I quite like their new stadium, and am happy to see them getting promoted properly this time.

Other than that they really aren't on my radar.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If I remember correctly (and I might have got this wrong), there was also an issue that season with them shafting other clubs in the division over the sale of their away allocations.

Anyway, not sure how many clubs have been done for the double contract thing, but in Ireland Derry City got relegated a division (which is probably a bigger deal in the LOI than it would be here).

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Can't be arsed to read that thread as I don't give a shit about them one way or the other. Anyway, we're so far ahead of them they need a 'tellyscope' (copyright Spireite Steve) to be able to see us now.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
I'll always remember them as CHEATERfield

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
That thread is a revelation. I always had a soft spot for Chesterfield after what happened 10 years ago. I didn't realise that they still held such a grudge after all this time. It would be like us still being bitter at Reading for thinking they were better than us in 2002. What a bunch of sad old men.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
With Chesterfield their infringements included illegal payments to their then star striker Luke Beckett (who I believe we looked at). Without his goals that season they would have been mid table at best. No doubt his dodgy payments helped convince him to join Cheaterfield from Chester.

If I recall correctly when Beckett joined the Cheats Chester were due compensation, which was based on his new contract. So by hiding the true amount they were paying him they cheated a struggling club out of much needed money.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Their best player is a player that we had to pay to go away. No wonder it still hurts that we, um, were better than them. No matter how much they cheated.

Last edited:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I do remember well all the Brighton fans waving brown paper bags, after they were caught thieving the admissions money and dishing out back handers. I mean Chesterfield, seriously they really are a regional tinpot club currently punching above their very light weight

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
:laugh: Barndoor has how many goals for them? Is league two really that bad?

They'll get f*cked over next season and be back where the belong. Bye Cheatserfield, have fun in your lego stadium in the bottom tier. :wave:

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
I remember the Cheaterfield thing well, we won the league fair and square without the 9 point reduction and we never wanted them kicked out of the league

I remember Bobby Zamora once scored a goal for us by kicking the ball out of the goalies hands. Was that against Chesterfield the season after in League 1?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If I recall correctly when Beckett joined the Cheats Chester were due compensation, which was based on his new contract. So by hiding the true amount they were paying him they cheated a struggling club out of much needed money.

Yes that's right, pretty despicable really.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Well I guess the point is I don't think we need to go around slagging others off and having everything quite so black and white! For me, it's history, they sorted their shit out, they're now going to win that league on merit, in their new stadium, I hope they enjoy it and good luck to em really!
'catly

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
I went up there in the Zamora years. Brighton had taken 3000 plus. Both before and after the game there was loads of trouble in the town. The Chsterfield fans were not as a result letting BHA in their supporters bar, although after some talking they let me and another in. Very friendly, good beer. It was the worst trouble they had seen for years. That is another reason they hate the Albion

wasn't there also abit of "bother" when we played them last time we went (1-0 Gatting game) remember a swarm of Police around the ground dashing off to areas around it?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Just goes to show what happens when cousins shag each other and have kids-instant Chesterfield fans.

What a bunch of ill-informed fucktards on that board. Their club got caught cheating and screwing Chester out of much needed funds and everybody else is at fault.

Northern twats.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Surprised at the thread on their board. I go up to Chesterfield a fair bit and the fans I've met are thouroughly decent. As a town, it's a good place for a night out - buy a bottle of becks, get TWO free in one bar one night - and the new ground is actually quite good, way better than Saltergate - Had a great day out at their 5-4 victory vs Crewe this season. The board that run them before is long gone and it's a different football club now, with a great match experience.

Seems to be a bit of a clique on their internet boards haven't exactly moved on..

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports