Chesterfield say congrats......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Strange, grotty, rather dull little town. Strange, grotty, rather dull little football club.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
tossers
The Albion shouldn't have allowed Craig Davies to join their poxy little club.
They were an unpleasant, spiteful lot back in the 70s.
Still the Blades and the Owls will give the small town jokers a reality check next season.
And BHA did NOT try to get them kicked out of the League.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Well what are you actually saying? "It's not their fault they're so hostile, it's ours because we could have handled them better, but we're not to blame for behaving like we did because we're fans and got caught up in it" or something. ???

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
What a load of shit there is on that board. f*** 'em, the feelings mutual anyway. Hope they stay down and failing that, get f***ed right over in div one next season and get relegated again.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Well what are you actually saying? "It's not their fault they're so hostile, it's ours because we could have handled them better, but we're not to blame for behaving like we did because we're fans and got caught up in it" or something. ???

Yeah, pretty much, sorry if thats annoyed you or something. :/

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah, pretty much, sorry if thats annoyed you or something. :/
No it didn't annoy me at all. You said "huh" so I'm simply explaining that your thoughts came across as rather wishy washy, non commital and a bit pointless. Sorry if that's annoyed you or something. :lolol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
but personally I'm quite happy detesting the tin pot turds.

Same here, the archetypal tin pot NODDY club that all being well we will only play in the later rounds of a cup....if they are lucky enough to get that far.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
No it didn't annoy me at all. You said "huh" so I'm simply explaining that your thoughts came across as rather wishy washy, non commital and a bit pointless. Sorry if that's annoyed you or something. :lolol:

Well I guess the point is I don't think we need to go around slagging others off and having everything quite so black and white! For me, it's history, they sorted their shit out, they're now going to win that league on merit, in their new stadium, I hope they enjoy it and good luck to em really!

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Cheaterfield? Vaguely rings a bell....were they the tinpot cheats who laughably claimed they were rightful champs despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary? Difficult to remember after so many years at a higher level despite our 'accommodation issues'.

:wink:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
A lot of them seem to think that they're going to walk the league next year... Their top scorer is Craig Davies :facepalm::lolol:. Anyway, they hold a grudge against us because they cheated and got rightfully punished?!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What made their crime even worse, that the double contracts that their chairman was handing were designed not only to cheat the taxman but also fellow lower league clubs too. At the time their fans didn't give a shit, they wallowed in the success their ill gotten gains had got them. I'm glad they still hold a grudge, because we haven't forgotten what an odious little outfit they were either.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's always the same isn't it ? Any club that gets a points deduction for breaking League rules is always perfectly happy when they are getting away with it but always blame their administration when they are found out. With Chesterfield their infringements included illegal payments to their then star striker Luke Beckett (who I believe we looked at). Without his goals that season they would have been mid table at best. No doubt his dodgy payments helped convince him to join Cheaterfield from Chester.

However, as has been said already we had more points than them even if they hadn't had their deduction. It's about time they got over something that we have long forgotten.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I love Chezvegus, the town. In-laws all live up there, born and bred. They all support Wednesday, strangely. But, brilliantly, my brother-in-law tells anyone up there that he supports the Albion when they ask. He gleefully takes the piss when one of the duckies up there ask him who he supports :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
I went up there in the Zamora years. Brighton had taken 3000 plus. Both before and after the game there was loads of trouble in the town. The Chsterfield fans were not as a result letting BHA in their supporters bar, although after some talking they let me and another in. Very friendly, good beer. It was the worst trouble they had seen for years. That is another reason they hate the Albion

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports