Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cheltenham Festival 2022

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Does seem quite generous based on that performance. Can you see any younger horses coming out the woodwork to challenge

Galopins De Champs is fav in some places but he fell yesterday whilst running well. APT has been there and done it and he will only be 9 next season. I shall be having a big bet on the 5/1 if it’s still available in the morning.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Lost out on a 7 fold each way due to Co****inista never really taking off in the 16:50 but back Bambridge in the final race.

Good thread this year [emoji1303]

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Onto Gold Cup Day at the end of what has been an unbelievable week for me so far. Freerolling all the way Today.

Triumph - Pied Piper's win at Cheltenham was quite astonishing and I can't see anything beating him Today. He's already beaten the fav on his debut and I've backed him at 3.2/1. Have also had a dabble on Moore's Porticello at 13.5/1 but the ground maybe a little on the quick side for him but I've been impressed with him and he's certainly the best of the British contingent.

County Hurdle - dart time again but I really like one here and he's my nap of the day. I backed I Like To Move It at 14/1 ew 7 places and also win only at 13/1. He got chinned in the Betfair hurdle and was put up four pounds for his trouble but he he's only five and still improving. He's won at Cheltenham a couple of times this season too. Have also played Colonel Mustard at 14/1 antepost but I wouldn't be abcking him at 7/1 now.

Albert Bartlett - I really like Hillcrest here and backed him at 3/1. He's the apple of the trainers eye is a bit of a monster of a horse. He's unbeaten when completing the course over hurdles, including a win here. He stepped upto three miles last time at Haydock and showed he stayed really well. Not sure Ginto's form is upto much and happy to take him on.

Gold Cup - I backed Minella Indo at 6/1 straight after last years renewal and I see no reason to desert him. He comes alive at Cheltenham having won here at two of the last three festivals and being chinned the other year. I'm also on previous winner Al Boum Photo at 12/1 who has cheekpieces on for the first time in a bid to liven him up again and a few quid ew on Asterion Forlonge at 20/1 who is a complete nutjob but I think he will win a big race on the day he gets his jumping sorted out.

These next three races are a very poor way to end the festival.

Foxhunters - Billaway 5/2. Should have won last year and I think he'll get the job done for his up and coming amateur jokey.

Mares Chase - Zambella ew 16/1 3 places. Been in decent enough form this season and I don't like the three in front of her in the market, at the prices.

Martin Pipe - Banbridge EW 14/1 6 places. He won a novice hurdle last time over two miles but has lready won over this trip. His handicap mark doesn't look that harsh but it's a complete guess of a race. Have also played Hollow Games for Elliott and the very useful Jordan Gainford. He's got a tongue tie on for the first time, the horse not the jokey.

Good luck all.

From this I backed a Yankee with 2 places and 2 loses returning £1.02 from £5.50 total stake.

I also picked out Banbridge £2.50 E/W :clap: returning £36 to round the festival off nicely and finishing around £120 up.

Well done Billy Seagull, thanks very much for the tips. Who’s your money on for the National? Delta Work 16/1 jumped at me.

Last edited:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Good stuff.

I’m on Any Second Now at 20/1 placed a while ago. Also on Mount Ida at 33/1 but have written that off after todays poor run. Longhouse Poet at 20/1 is also worth a few quid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here