Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cheltenham Festival 2022

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
First, I will say that if you don't like horse racing or gambling, for whatever reason, please stay off this thread as it's not for you.

The Cheltenham Festival starts Today bringing together the best of British and Irish jump racings equine superstars. Tony Bloom has Energumene running in the Champion Chase Tomorrow at 3:30 where he is the second favourite at 7/2. Presume he wasn't overly pleased with the Spurs game being moved to the same day !! The Irish will dominate the festival again and I shall be backing mainly Irish horses.

Here's my stabs at the days racing:

Supreme - Dysart Dynamo 4/1, Kilcruit 7/1 and Shallwehaveonemore 54/1 which was placed after a visit to the Moore stable near Horsham. I've got to take on the Henderson shorties here with Constitution Hill form of his wins being poor and Jonbon being a temperamental, day one of the frestival wont be suiting him. Form not upto much either.

Arkle - very small interest bets on Saint Sam and Haut En Couleurs at 8/1.

Ultima - just throw darts at the paper really. Mine landed on Floueur at 10/1 and Full Back at 14/1. These handicaps are just to hard to have a proper bet.

Champion Hurdle - nothing doing here. Honesuckle should win, Appreciate It could be anything, the rest are rubbish for this standard in what is a very poor class.

Mares Hurdle - no place at a festival this race but I've backed Stormy Ireland EW at 5/1 to win this yet again for Willie Mullins.

Boodles - no place at a festival this race but I backed Ebasari at 20/1 a few months ago after hearing some good thoughts about it. Has Davy Russell on for Gordon Elliott.

Good luck to everyone playing Today and to those in attendance.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
365 have kindly donated me a fiver for each day of the festival, and for today I've used it on Foxy Jack's e/w @40s in the 14.50, I don't actually fancy anything at all today apart from Mighty Potter in the opener.

Couldn't find anywhere doing the Fantasy racing this year,apart from online paying ones and they look well dodgy.

South west gull

Nov 3, 2021
365 have kindly donated me a fiver for each day of the festival, and for today I've used it on Foxy Jack's e/w @40s in the 14.50, I don't actually fancy anything at all today apart from Mighty Potter in the opener.

Couldn't find anywhere doing the Fantasy racing this year,apart from online paying ones and they look well dodgy.
How about a each/way double mighty potter in the 1st with doctor Duffy in the 3rd ?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Here are my selections (not tips):

1.30 Mighty Potter (Naturally)
2.10 Haut En Couleurs (As is Cheltenham, you see there's so much logic in these selections)
2.50 Floueur (No logic here, but a familiar name)
3.30 Appreciate It (33 pts, still loads of games to go)
4.10 Echoes In Rain (Withdean)
4.50 Brazil ( ...... it's just like watching)
5.30 Pats Fancy (Nod to Pilarse)

There you have it £30 Super Heinz gets you £905,936.90 when these all win! Or drop it to 15p per selection EW and it'll be about £36 with £700k return

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
My bets for today
1:30 Constitution Hill
2:10 Brave Seasca E/W
2:50 Frodon E/W
3:30 Honeysuckle
4:10 Stormy Island
4:50 Gaelic Warrior
5:30 Run Wild Fred

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Complete novice at horsey racing but with a fiver free bet a day courtesy of Bet365, I very much appreciate the tips.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
1.30 Jonbon
2.10 Riviere D'etel
15.30 Honeysuckle
16.10. Tellmesomethinggirl

Jul 7, 2003
I was going to back Mighty Potter but recent form seems to be that it looks good at the start, sits in midfield and show much promise but ultimately fails to finish properly.:lolol:

I don't have the discipline to work from home with Cheltenham on so am working mornings (as you can tell) and booked the afternoons off to enjoy the festival in all its glory.

JackB247

Sep 25, 2013
Burgess Hill
Enjoy everyone, one of the best sporting weeks of the year.

I work in the industry and will be there from Wednesday - Friday.

It is really worth doing a day at the Festival if you've never done it before, one of the best sporting atmospheres you'll experience outside of a football ground.

Tipping wise for me today, I was super impressed with Jonbon at Ascot so am siding with him in the first.

Burning Victory and Fantastikas also look good each way value on the card, and I hope that Rachael and Honeysuckle bring it home in the Champion Hurdle!

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Not really big on gambling on the horses but looking forward to having some interest watching from home.

13.30 Dysart Dynamo
14.40 Edwardstone
14.50 Corach Rambler
15.30 Honeysuckle
Lucky 15 bet.
Also done a few other bets which is probably not a good move.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Mighty potter for the free roll on sky bet. Ten quid bet on it but cash back if it loses.

My guess is it will look great. Cut through the opposition nicely then just as the moment comes to win either:
1) it stumbles on a jump
2) it gets taken out by a freak incident
3) a horse putting on a once in a lifetime performance sails past to deny victory.

Would be on brand.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
for fun
1330 silent revolution
1410 war lord
1450 death duty
1530 teahupoo
1610 queens brook
1650 sea sessions
1730 run wild fred

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Did several ante post 'boosts' with the free bets that I've picked up over the last month. Collated them this morning and it appears that I am somewhat over reliant on Honeysuckle winning if I am to have a happy Cheltmas.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Supreme - Dysart Dynamo 4/1, Kilcruit 7/1 and Shallwehaveonemore 54/1 which was placed after a visit to the Moore stable near Horsham. I've got to take on the Henderson shorties here with Constitution Hill form of his wins being poor and Jonbon being a temperamental, day one of the frestival wont be suiting him. Form not upto much either.
Henderson 1-2.

Jul 7, 2003
2-0 to England - enjoy it while it lasts!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Did several ante post 'boosts' with the free bets that I've picked up over the last month. Collated them this morning and it appears that I am somewhat over reliant on Honeysuckle winning if I am to have a happy Cheltmas.

Which was nice.

:cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here