Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Cheltenham Festival 2022

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
I won't allow my fiver win on Energumene @ 3/1 to go to my head. Who knows if Shishkin pulling up handed Energumene the race on a plate? Who cares. :)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
20220316_154834.jpg

:bowdown:

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Let's get this back on track with Today's racing.

Ballymore - I backed Sir Gerhard in various specials last year for him to win the 2021 bumper and the Supreme / Ballymore / any race this year and stand to win £2.6k. I'm surprised at how short he is now and have laid off at 1.81 to win £600 at the cost of £485 to guarantee some pennies. Also backed I Am Maximus EW 16/1.

RSA - L'Homme Presse - I backed this at 14/1 last week when there were murmerings about switching from the Turners. I've been really impressed with his jumping and think he will really put Bravemansgame's jumping under pressure. He's won here this season too and I so no reason for him not staying the trip.

Coral Cup - another throw a dart race. I'm on Drop The Anchor at 9/1 and Commander Of Fleet EW 33/1.

Champion Chase - I backed Shishkin at 14/1 before last years Arkle and whilst I would really like Energumene to win for Tony Bloom I think Shishkin will do him again.

Cross Country - Tiger Roll surely wins this and I've had a bit of 5/2. This will be his last run and it may well turn into a lap of honour as he should be different class to this lot.

Grand Annual - Editeur Du Gite ew 12/1 backed him on Tuesday straight after the decs and pricewise has bok'd him since then which has collapsed the price. He has been in cracking form this season and won here twice and has only been put up six pounds for a good win here last time. Hopefully, he will give the Moore's a consolation winner after losing Shallwehaveonemore yesterday.

Bumper - all about the Irish here and I backed Redemption Day antepost at 9/1 and have added James's Gate ew at 16/1. Facile Vega has looked very good but all but omne of Mullins bumper wins have come outside their shortest in the betting.

Good luck.
I've had worse days than Today:D

Billy Seagull

Bookie Basher
Jul 5, 2003
Onto Thursday, where the card has a poor look about it and pretty much impossible from a punting point of view....

Turners - A fascinating match. no idea which one will win, shame they scared the rest off.

Pertemps - get the darts out again. A couple of biggies here with Mondays Plumpton winner Kansas City Chief at 33/1 is turning out quickly, he hardly had a race then and his up with the pace style is whats needed here and he seems to be improving, which is strange for a thirteen year old, also had a few quid at 50 on the machine. The other dart landed on Pileon at 28/1 for the in form Hobbs yard. He's had a break since December after three decent enough runs and coming out fresh may well suit him here and will also be up with the pace.

Ryanair - Allaho probably wins but I've played Conflated EW at 13/2 in what looks like a very weak field. He won the Irish Gold Cup at the Dublin racing festival in February and it will be very dissapointing if he isn't placed and he could catch Allaho on an off day.

Stayers - I backed Klassical Dream at 7/1 before Christmas and he looked good at Leopardstown over Christmas before disappointing last time. I still like him but he proibably wont get an easy lead like he did that day. I've also backed Champ EW 5/1 with 4 places, not sure his heart is in it but he should be good enough for a place in this field full of lunatics.

Plate - looks impossible, have backed Coole Cody at 25/1 6 places and win only 30 on machine. He loves it here and runs up with the pace which will help.

Mares novice - another race that shouldn't exist at a festival but I've backed Party Central each way 7/1 5 places. Plenty of runners but not many in with a chance.

Kim Muir - darts out again and mine fell on Mister Fogpatches at 8/1 each way 6 places. one of the better amateurs in Patrick Mullins in the plate which will be an asset here in a very tricky looking race.

Good luck everyone.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
£20 e/w on Tony's horse at 7/2 cancelled out my losses on chasin pour soir in the same race.

2 Days in £2 up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here