Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea v Barcelona

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
All they need is a lucky deflection or the ball dropping to the right player on a free kick or corner and Barca will need to score 3.

Right, my money is now going on a Messi hat-trick.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I didn't say THEY were the boring team, the match in general was very boring. I really do not find continual passing around the box waiting for the perfect pass before being tackled and then the ball being punted forward as particularly attractive or exciting. As Finch said last night they were retaining posesion for posessions sake and being ultra cautious. It was like watching paint dry.

You said "Barca were at their boring worst". My point was that many sides would end up looking boring having to play against that set up, and I doubt many sides would create such clear cut openings. On a different night, Barca would have won 2 or 3-1.

All they need is a lucky deflection or the ball dropping to the right player on a free kick or corner and Barca will need to score 3.

Chelsea are in no doubt a very strong position having denied an away goal. However, they got 1 corner last night, and Barca barely conceded a free kick anywhere near their goal. Chelsea can not afford to give away the chances they did last night on what is a much bigger pitch. It will make for a fascinating 2nd leg.

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
Can't be assed to read through all the posts here but I thought Chelsk did great and I hope they nick an early away goal in the Nou Camp to really open it up. Pretty much always back the English sides in Europe.

D

Deleted member 18477

Deluded, pray tell why ? What exactly have Chelsea done to raise the ire of your good self ? I mean , it's not as if anything to do with them actually affects you or your team is it ?

Their fans are too smug for my liking, TOO SMUG! They're disgraceful people who can't appreciate a minutes silence and they applauded what John Terry the rat did in his personal life as a success. They applaud cheating and diving and don't deserve the 'success' their team has bought. Ambramovich is the reason for a lot of these foreign owners and overpaid shit players who get bought for over inflated ridiculous prices. I hope Chelsea go to hell. They're more arrogant as a club than 'king' Kenny which I thought was impossible.

I like football, but Chelsea? Chelsea can f*** OFF. I actually prefer palace to Chelsea.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
You said "Barca were at their boring worst". My point was that many sides would end up looking boring having to play against that set up, and I doubt many sides would create such clear cut openings. On a different night, Barca would have won 2 or 3-1.

Chelsea are in no doubt a very strong position having denied an away goal. However, they got 1 corner last night, and Barca barely conceded a free kick anywhere near their goal. Chelsea can not afford to give away the chances they did last night on what is a much bigger pitch. It will make for a fascinating 2nd leg.

A much bigger pitch? Stamford Bridge: 113 x 74 Yards Camp Nou: 115 × 74 Yards it's not that much bigger and with adopting the Stoke throw in tactic that's another chance they have of attacking the penalty area.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Their fans are too smug for my liking, TOO SMUG! They're disgraceful people who can't appreciate a minutes silence and they applauded what John Terry the rat did in his personal life as a success. They applaud cheating and diving and don't deserve the 'success' their team has bought. Ambramovich is the reason for a lot of these foreign owners and overpaid shit players who get bought for over inflated ridiculous prices. I hope Chelsea go to hell. They're more arrogant as a club than 'king' Kenny which I thought was impossible.

I like football, but Chelsea? Chelsea can f*** OFF. I actually prefer palace to Chelsea.
oh, you're a bit jealous you mean.

D

Deleted member 18477

You were saying ??

If messi had stuck that penalty away...

But he didn't I know. In the end it was Chelsea who played a game no one could beat. Even the mighty Barca. And fair play, it gives england small hope for the summer. Come on England! Andy Carroll, you need to be our drogba! Wishful thinking..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here