Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chelsea v Barcelona

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Total football doesn't allow for one.

Barcelona have been poor tonight. For all the nifty passing and clever movement, they've offered very little in attack. They'll smash Chelsea at the Camp Nou, no doubt, but tonight they have been poor. Posession without a purpose.

Since when have Barcelona been total football?

D

Deleted member 18477

I don't mind watching Chelsea, but by God are their fans a right bunch of *****. A lod of my mates think they have a God given right to win everything and sod everyone else...most don't even know who Matt Harding was...bunch of thick fuckers.

Sorry, few things make me really angry, but Chelsea do.

ALL Chelsea fans are deluded pricks.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
A little tip, your mates aren't chelsea "fans"

Nah, theyre *****.

One of them actually works on the coaching staff for them...apparently. He's arrogant enough. I might make it a mission of mine to wipe him out each time i come up against him in 5 a side matches.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Since when have Barcelona been total football?

Since the media made them the worlds darlings, even that c*** Adrian Chiles is at it calling them "the worlds best team", he is supposed to be one of WBA's top supporters, you don't say that about any team other than your own even if it is true! When you sing "you're by far the greatest team the world has ever seen" you don't add "except for Barcelona" do you?

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
had a quid on drogba 1-0 at 55/1 on bet365 woohoo... they will spanked in the 2nd leg

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Media twaddle - If they kicked Barca of the park and dived all the time (ok Drogba maybe) you could say it was ugly but defending and playing them on the break isn't Ugly.

aye, was a demonstration of discipline and skilled defending. and teamwork, theatrics aside, Drogba was leading the line one minute, being a 3rd CB the next.

all those expecting a trousering at Nou Camp... just bear in mind Barca have a tough game with Real before then. i have a feeling it will be another tight game.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have been reading about the game in the paper. I'm not a fan of "ugly" football so I'm hoping the good guys win the tie next week.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
aye, was a demonstration of discipline and skilled defending. and teamwork, theatrics aside, Drogba was leading the line one minute, being a 3rd CB the next.

I really wish England could be smart enough to play the game the way Chelsea did yesterday. Fall over, waste time, defend resolutely.. Other national teams have been doing it for years!

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking

all those expecting a trousering at Nou Camp... just bear in mind Barca have a tough game with Real before then. i have a feeling it will be another tight game.

Well spotted that man. There is also the away goal factor. I don't expect Chelsea to have many factors but they just need to scramble one over the line and then it becomes a different match. I still expect Barcelona to win over two legs but I don't necessarily it being a formality.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
they are but why do itv want them to win this, fcuking disgrace

Exactly, why can't they fly the patriotic flag and support the team owned by a Russian, with an American CEO, Italian manager and eight non-Englishmen in the starting line up, and last, but not least, supported by a bunch of pwopa nawty wannabees and city oiks.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Say what you like about Drogba, but his work rate was absolutely phenomenal last night. He was everywhere (as well as being on the floor). Can't stand all the Chelsea plastics that walk around Sussex in their soul-less replica gear with that shitty round badge on, but I for one will be hoping they finish the job in the second leg, go on to lift the cup and that Roberto di Matteo gets the job.

How old school fans like Bushy put up with all the plastic c*nts following that club I'll never know.

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
Thought Chelsea played brilliantly last night. They kept their formation well, smothered Messi when he got on the ball (even though he still looked dangerous) and kept their composure and took their chances when it came. Have to admit, Ramires's first touch and that ball across the box to Drogba, cutting out 3 players, was world class. Hopefully they can go on and win it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
As a former GK, I would agree BUT I think confidence comes from the back. Can't fake it. Great winning sides and even some not so great winning sides can slide with a great stopper. I don't care how good the 10 are, if Number 1 is a flapper, pass poor kicking, poor positioning and instills no confidence. I stand by my observations. We have plenty of million pound class in MF and Upfront. We have none at the back. We've tried to paper over it and took the cheap or loan route. If we want to contend, we need to invest across the back.

Utter nonsense. Our best 3 players this season?

Gordon Greer
Adam El Abd
Liam Bridcutt

Our problem has been not taking our chances up front, not our defense. Our defensive record is something like the 4th best in the league. Our defence (not GK) has been SUPERB this season.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I have been reading about the game in the paper. I'm not a fan of "ugly" football so I'm hoping the good guys win the tie next week.

I don't think it was especially ugly. The Chelsea goal was as good a technical bit of football as anything Barca did all game. Lampard outside of the boot pass out to Ramires on the wing was absolutely sublime. Chelsea did exactly what you have to do to beat Barca, and they did it very well.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

Just bear in mind Chelsea have a tough game away to Arsenal saturday that is probably more important...

Hate Chelsea and their smug thug fans... Barca will win and they will get more than one goal..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here