Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Category A prices for Arsenal FA Cup 4th round...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The club have tweeted that all the non 1901 hospitality packages have sold out.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Interesting debate - and an insight into the financials of many posters on this thread.

Those who have no financial worries or concerns are those saying "well, if you don't like the price, don't pay it" to those who are unemployed, have families, are on low incomes, those on benefits, tight budgets etc. It's as if those in the latter categories have a CHOICE!

Well, in the real world it doesn't work like that my friends. I am sure that there are many who would really like to go to the Arsenal game but just can't AFFORD it!

If you don't have the money to pay the over-inflated prices Barber has set, then there is no CHOICE, there is no OPTION!

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Seems par prices for me, dont want to pay it dont.

Plenty well, not saying prices are good - but that's the going rate

I think that's the key gripe; certainly is for me.

I'm lucky enough that £42 plus additional expenses isn't going to cause me any sort of financial strife or to have to choose between this and another purchase. Others won't be so lucky and it being 'the going rate' is certainly the problem. It shouldn't be the going rate.

Football used to be affordable to all and it really feels like we're reaching a point where that line in the sand, drawn by some through circumstance and others through choice, is coming closer and closer to the masses.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Interesting debate - and an insight into the financials of many posters on this thread.

Those who have no financial worries or concerns are those saying "well, if you don't like the price, don't pay it" to those who are unemployed, have families, are on low incomes, those on benefits, tight budgets etc. It's as if those in the latter categories have a CHOICE!

Well, in the real world it doesn't work like that my friends. I am sure that there are many who would really like to go to the Arsenal game but just can't AFFORD it!

If you don't have the money to pay the over-inflated prices Barber has set, then there is no CHOICE, there is no OPTION!

Do they rise at 5.45 to go work & get home @ 7.45 or choose the 8am 5.30 option, choosing to leave 4.5 hours vacant EVERY day when even one day's extra effort would pay for it

Jan 30, 2008

I'm considerably richer than you syndrome for some rippleman
regards
DR

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Do they rise at 5.45 to go work & get home @ 7.45 or choose the 8am 5.30 option, choosing to leave 4.5 hours vacant EVERY day when even one day's extra effort would pay for it

The post probably could do with a smilie if your comment was meant to be flippant. If not then are you suggesting that most people actually get paid when they do extra hours ?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Why has everyone gone mental about the prices?
I have just had an email for Micheal McIntyre at the O2. £43 to £57. Add £21 parking, dinner at £50 and £5 a pint, makes the Amex look like a bargain.

For £50 my missus and I saw him a couple of months ago at Eastbourne. All new material. Parking was free.

I guess you can't blame the Albion for milking the most they can out of this but once it was declared a TV game I would have hoped that they would reduce the pricing category to encourage more fans to turn up. Sunday afternoon is not an ideal day and time for many people. Bearing in mind Arsenal were here not that long ago, I will be very surprised if it sells out.

maglers

Apr 26, 2011

OK, so what's your solution? What would you bring prices down to? Because whatever price you choose, there will always be someone who says they can't afford it, right down to £0. And then you will have people who wouldn't be able to get there because they can't afford to travel. Where is the line? It's why these debates are meaningless. If the Albion charge set a price for tickets and no one turns up, they've got the price structure wrong. If they charge those prices and the ground is full, they haven't. No?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

I sympathise with the sentiment of your post. However, whether someone with no money, who is unemployed and is on a tight budget would be going to watch a game of football in the first place given they're probably skint this time of year is unlikely. In addition, if they have no disposable income, then it's highly unlikely they would be a season ticket holder anyway.

If you're long-term unemployed and finding , then surely spending money on a football match is also not the best way to spend what little benefit you receive.

Football in itself is an expensive past time now. However, I still do not think that the price the club are charging for this game is unreasonable.

Am I right in thinking that the category bands for prices were determined at the beginning of the season? If so I do question why people are complaining about how much tickets will cost now rather then last year.

Jan 30, 2008
OK, so what's your solution? What would you bring prices down to? Because whatever price you choose, there will always be someone who says they can't afford it, right down to £0. And then you will have people who wouldn't be able to get there because they can't afford to travel. Where is the line? It's why these debates are meaningless. If the Albion charge set a price for tickets and no one turns up, they've got the price structure wrong. If they charge those prices and the ground is full, they haven't. No?
What a reply , out of blind loyalty you'll always get people prepared to get fleeced it's what modern day footballs all about, wakey wakey rise and shine :rolleyes:
regards
DR

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Has anyone blamed Arsenal yet? They were jointly involved in the setting of prices and they wouldn't have been receptive to us offering it cut-price, even if we wanted to, which we wouldn't.

Jan 30, 2008
Has anyone blamed Arsenal yet? They were jointly involved in the setting of prices and they wouldn't have been receptive to us offering it cut-price, even if we wanted to, which we wouldn't.
what about the FA ,they like to bank a bit of dosh
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here