Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Campaign to rid this board of infantile nicknames for other clubs.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
So other teams insults of "Gayboys" "Bummers" "Poofs" (Joke relating to gay people here) and so on are fully mature and acceptable?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
The sort of crass, pathetic nicknames that you would never say out loud, because if you did you would be (rightly) assumed to have a mental age of about 14.

So if you would never use them in company, why use them on here? Really, why would you?

The sort of things I mean are Palarse, Manure, Scumhampton, Borient, Wet Sham, Stains, Spuds and probably countless others. Frankly, it's just embarrassing. In future, anyone using these and/or others should be banned immediately and permanently. (Unless of course they are aged 14 or under).

This, this, this

:bowdown: :bowdown:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
seaweed-biofuels.jpg

:cry:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Let those thinking they're funny continue to do so: if they're under 18 then they're still children and it's what you'd expect; if they're over that age then they probably also wear comedy ties to work and are beyond redemption anyway...

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But Southampton ARE the Scum! It's the accepted abbreviation for the city the same as Birmingham is called Brum. By extension the name applies to the citizens; people who come from Birmingham are Brummies, people from Goole are Goolies, people from Liverpool are Scousers and people from Southampton are Scummers.

Anyway, can I carry on corrupting club names to use terms for being sick? Things like West Vomit Albion and Chunderland?

PS I'm 53.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
The sort of crass, pathetic nicknames that you would never say out loud, because if you did you would be (rightly) assumed to have a mental age of about 14.

So if you would never use them in company, why use them on here? Really, why would you?

The sort of things I mean are Palarse, Manure, Scumhampton, Borient, Wet Sham, Stains, Spuds and probably countless others. Frankly, it's just embarrassing. In future, anyone using these and/or others should be banned immediately and permanently. (Unless of course they are aged 14 or under).

do behave yourself, its not crown green bowls or chess. what next - no singing ffs

if you choose not to use comedy names thats upto you, but I think you may well be one of the few :laugh:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
It also becomes confusing at times when people use "the scum" to refer to Palace, Portsmouth, and Southampton at various points in a thread
Now that I do agree with. Using 'scum' to describe all out rivals (temporary or permanent) shows a distinct lack of imagination.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
why on earth do some people call Wigan, WigWam? never understood that one... maybe cuz I'm not english.
Ohh, never heard that, nice one. People often call Walsall 'Warsaw' because it sounds like the Polish city, and on the odd occasion when I've ever had to refer to Elgin City I call them The Marbles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here